ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering lost

On a mates 182, apparently it was being driven and the power steering just went all of a sudden. Limped it home and checked the fluid and it's bone dry. Apparently the leak was from the driver's side area underneath.

Am I right in thinking it could be the pump rather than the pipe? Or is it hard to say?

dan's cast offs.
will be easy to see if it's the pump that's leaked, my money is on heatshield mounting bracket has rubbed through one of the lines on the rack.

if that's the case and the pump has been ran dry for more than a couple of minutes then it will be knackered as well.

will be easy to see if it's the pump that's leaked, my money is on heatshield mounting bracket has rubbed through one of the lines on the rack.

if that's the case and the pump has been ran dry for more than a couple of minutes then it will be knackered as well.
I'm not sure where the pump is mate, is it on the driver's side?