ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering gone

ITB'd 182...
Lost all the fluid!

Tampin

Although it smeels like box oil and theres lots of oil around that area

Any advice what to check?

2005 Nissan Navara
depends which is burst. some are flexi and solid swaged together. these are quite pricey from renault.
Would likely work out cheap for you to just get a flexi section made up by the likes of Pirtek.
Whereabouts in S.Wales are you?

2005 Nissan Navara
Any hydraulics place will make a pipe up for about £30.

I had the main one made for my kangoo van for that.

Oh you actually did that then? I was at Birchdown when you rang there and asked them about doing it. I think it was you anyway.

Yeah mate that was me lol, had to get it done locally in the end as car wouldnt make the drive over to malpas... thumbs up to birchdown though

ITB'd 182...
Rite

Its the rack to pump pipe which has a split in it. Runs up the front of the box

Only a very small split on the joint where the mount is where it bolts to the box

Going to try and Quick steel it first, try and get a tempary fix going for now as i can see it being a expensive job tbh :(

ITB'd 182...
£230 for a new pipe from Renault

Hope to get it in a local garage on Friday to get it done

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Why cant you?

Ive done it a few times on various clios without issue.

There very heavy and dont feel right, I drove one that had removed it, didn't feel right, so he changed it to a manual rack and it was 1000 million times better!

2005 Nissan Navara
yeah they can be heavy due to high ratio, doesnt mean it cant be done though!

depends alot on the tyres.

ITB'd 182...
Problem is lack of tools, jack, know how to even attempt to take it off for them to make up a replacement tbh :(

I fail tbh...

2005 Nissan Navara
surely the garage could remove it, get one made, and refit it?

You'd still save £200!

cancel, cancel, cancel lol

Yes it is heavy, but not unbearable, i actually prefer it on the mway, not so much in a town lol

i take it someone like pirtek will need an example to copy? not sure if mine got junked lol

has the pas pump survived?