ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering (again)

Mine is doing my tits in !! Recently its got REALLY noisey !! The level of the fluid seems to be the same and not dropping BUT ontop of the cap and all over the underside of my bonnet is PAS fluid. I assume that the cap is a pressure cap that lets it out at a certain pressure ?? When i turned the steering wheel with the cap off i also got bubbles appearing which makes me believe there is air in the system replacing the fluid ?? Do i have a leak somewhere that is letting in air ? or is the pressure cap letting in the air when it expells the PAS fluid ?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

did you overfill the bottle? pas fluid expands a lot when hot so you have to make sure you dont exceed the max mark.

I havnt filled it up for ages !! when i checked it for the first time it was low so i topped it up to the max level !! but there is fluid everywhere, sprayed on the underside of the bonnet and on top of the cap. But there seems to be air in the system !!

I think im gonna bleed the system of air and then put some slick 50 in to see if that helps !!

Is there any common leek places to look for ? or is the pump knackered ?

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

dunno if this helps but i had a noisy pump on the williams and i done what a few guys suggested and topped up the level a bit and then turned the steering wheel to both locks without the ignition on and it worked a treat! quiet as anything now! soz i cant give you any more help

Quote: Originally posted by FATBOY on 23 March 2004

dunno if this helps but i had a noisy pump on the williams and i done what a few guys suggested and topped up the level a bit and then turned the steering wheel to both locks without the ignition on and it worked a treat! quiet as anything now! soz i cant give you any more help
Yeah that bleeds all the air out of the system !! But i want to know where the air is coming from !! :(

i have the exact same problem on my clio16v

have bled the system in the way described above, have done it with the engine running as well, topped it up with slick 50, no change, pump is still very noisy...

it seems to spray the PAS fluid over my engine bay, where ever the level is

(i should be changing the pump this weekend, so il update you on any changes)

Same problem here too, ive been told pump. Not too expensive to buy but bloody expensive to fit unless you have alot of time and patience. Im got louder when i tried to take some fluid out and add some fresh, one ive managed to get the bloody renault clips off im going to have another go at draining it and do a hunt for a miricle formular to get rid of the noise. Mine was leaking out the cap too but the plonker who had the car before me topped it up to the top so it was everywhere when it got hot.

Well i have the same problem too, mine is in for repair next week as the fluid leaked all over the alternator causing that to pack in to. Right mine makes an awfull groaning noise. This is in the Power steering pipe as i have a cracked seal they fixed it temp. but its gone and is pissing out fluid again. The thing is my pump will have to be sent away to diagnose a problem. so all i can say mate is your pump either needs replacing or your fluid pipe get it

I got told a pump is £158 which seams rather steep to me labour wise is 2hours. I think Power steering tends to go seams a common problem along with clutch pedal.

i was told the pump (from reno) is about 200 inc VAT alone, no fitting!

mine makes an awful groaning noise, but i dont seem to be leaking fluid anywhere exceot from the cap, the little hole in the cap at that (when i pop the bonnet, there is fluid all over the top of the cap as well as around that area)