ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steerin leak..

just pulled up on my drive and noticed the pas pump was whining like hell, looked underneath and its pissing out pas fluid from around the gearbox area... jacked it up i cant see much .. cleaned the pipe off and it seems to be dripping down the pipe at the front of the gearbox.. is there anything else in this area which could leak apart from that pipe?

one thing after another with this car :mad:

Dodgy one
Just that pipe and for the record its not cheap from Renault and will have to be ordered in, It was going to take 3 weeks for one for mine

Just that pipe and for the record its not cheap from Renault and will have to be ordered in, It was going to take 3 weeks for one for mine

great! any ideas how much? i think i might take it off and weld it today...

what was it like to take it off?

ahhh nice mate. thanks for that.. did you take your out and dropped the box off its mount to get the pipe out?

Westy. MX5
Yes you have to take it out if Pirtek are repairing it. I Managed to remove pipe without dropping the gearbox. As you know there is a mount bolted on top of the gearbox, you can get access by removing the wheel arch liner and the vertical subframe strap then undoing the nut from the wheelarch. It's awkward but possible. Raising the front of car as high as possible helps, especially when i comes to the steering rack fitting.

just had a go in the pooring rain.. ended up dropping the gearbox down... undone the bolt there and came to undoing it from the steerin rack and gave up.. drives covered in oil and ust thought f**k it...lol