ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power increase on a mk2 172

R35 GTR

I am looking to get an idea on prices for mods.

I have been told that an induction kit alone wont give too much extra power, exhaust is important too.

What are the best combinations to stick on the car, and also what price range? So I can start saving. Also how much does everyone pay on average per horsey?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ususal breathing mods, sealed IK, zorst, de-cat ecu remaps moving to more serious headwork/cams inlet/outlet matching moving to serious stuff like supercharger/turbo/throttle bodies.

R35 GTR

I have read another thread, and it looks like ill just be getting a panel filter.

^^^^^^This sounds like big money!Ill start saving and by next year, Ill be able to afford insurance and mods.

head work - polishing and porting wills et you back around the £400-600mark depending where you go, put this with a good exhaust set up (full stainless cat back or even manifold and sports cat aswell). Leave the induction kit unless you are going to spend £250 on a sealed one.

And get in mapped up, shoud see some good gains.

mk2 clio 172

just put a maxogen full prospeed stainless and a sports cat on mine much smoother power delivery off for a remap in a fortnight then i may be happy.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by danny1 on 22 August 2005

just put a maxogen full prospeed stainless and a sports cat on mine much smoother power delivery off for a remap in a fortnight then i may be happy.
doubt it...Ive got a full zorst and decat and SMT6 and I Still want more!!

mk2 clio 172

doubt it...Ive got a full zorst and decat and SMT6 and I Still want more!!

probably right mate. manifold rework as soon as the funds go back up and another remap

Lionel Richie

you need at least a 2.25inch full system (2.5inch is better, but loud) some form of sealed induction system and some form of ECU modification the limit with these modifications is MAX 185bhp approx

manifold matching works very well, but if you want the magic 200bhp mark youll be needing cams of some description also

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 22 August 2005

So basicaly tuning the current 2.0 lump costs a lot of money for small gains?
yes, sad but true, there is no cheap way of getting power out of the 172/182 engine

youre looking at a bill for over £2K to get to 200bhp (will be rapid though)

cheapest way to make your car quicker is to strip it!!!

193 mk2

first things first get rid of the sh*ty renault exhaust and put a good cat back on if moneys a problem look on the forum and find a second hand 1!!!