ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power gains 428 Cams/ Matched inlet

172 CUP
Hey, did have a search but couldnt find what i was looking for. I've got a 172 cup Ph2 was just wondering what power gains people have got from K-tec's Cam (428's) and remap pack and matched inlet pack with remap either separately or together. Any noticeable changes, are either of them worth the money?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Cheers

Hey, did have a search but couldnt find what i was looking for. I've got a 172 cup Ph2 was just wondering what power gains people have got from K-tec's Cam (428's) and remap pack and matched inlet pack with remap either separately or together. Any noticeable changes, are either of them worth the money?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Cheers

there's quite alot of threads on k-tec's (438's) cams

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
428s are too tame IMHO, go for 438 instead if you are changing the cams on standard inlet. Or the gt cams Fred sells.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
428 or 438? Our Gt's are naff they don't make peak figures Chip therefore are no good ;-)

Flol. Cs haters won't approve then, they like short rpm spread huge torque spikes. If they ever saw a car wheel spin then grip on the rollers and spike 60lbft up for 50 rpm they would soil themselves with excitement.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
438's FTW anything else and the car will run like s**t

Thats just completely nonsense.

Fred's GT cams still run perfectly and C&B cams, as do the engine dynamics.

There is more to live than catcams.
Dont get me wrong I like the catcams profiles but to say they are the only option is just complete idiocy.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

Dont get me wrong I like the catcams profiles but to say they are the only option is just complete idiocy.

438's is defo best for a standard set up i'd love to of run schricks but they are wayyyy to steep lol

Might've been a joke???

Anyway for the OP - for the money spent on 438's they are good value (as long as belts need doing). I've got a set and they perform really well, not for the purists but I didn't have around 3K for ITB's at that time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Might've been a joke???

Only if he is rubbish at telling jokes?

Anyway for the OP - for the money spent on 438's they are good value (as long as belts need doing). I've got a set and they perform really well, not for the purists but I didn't have around 3K for ITB's at that time.

Agreed they work really well.

Evo 5 RS
428s on their own are a bit weak as a single modification, still add some nice grunt nearer the top end though. 438s or GT cams. As said already people tend to just look at peak figures and not read between the lines (no pun intended)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
428s on their own are a bit weak as a single modification, still add some nice grunt nearer the top end though. 438s or GT cams. As said already people tend to just look at peak figures and not read between the lines (no pun intended)

GT cams are a direct copy of 428s so I don't know why you're diferentiating beteeen them