ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power caps...

F82 M4
So i go from the battery to the + power cap from the + power cap to the amp and from the - on the power cap to somewhere on the car and earth the amp as normal???

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'd agree with Taylor

Power Caps are for the "Burberry caps"

If your alternator is under stress, you can upgrade to a bigger battery, OR
get a second battery fitted.

Bin the power cap or save it for hanging on your xmas tree ;)

F82 M4
ps. I dont want my system any louder etc, a power cap is a capasiter which is basically a second power charge therefore i dont see the problem???

F82 M4
ah rite. Well tbh, in my defence, I didn't ask for any of taylors opinions, I just nicely asked if thats how you wire them?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ach, your'e grand lad, you'll probably post in a few weeks time about how you regret fitting a power cap - that's my opinion. My ADVICE is in my first post ^^

Good Luck
Trev

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Taylors right, not very subtle, but right.;)

Power caps were a craze that started because people thought it would smooth out the supply from the battery on a car.

Doah !! Battery, Capacitor,......er aren't they the same thing ?????

To be serious, your alternator wont be saved by anything if your overworking it by drawing too much current out of the battery.

What would be worth doing, is fitting a higher capacity battery, or even just a new one, as the time from flat to charged, deteriorates with age as the plates become coated.

The basic problem is, the battery/alternator set up on a car is not designed to cater for megawatts of music and you cant get something for nothing out of a charging system.

cooper s full areo kit...
Wilky, basically that is the way you do it if you still want the answer. Dont understand people on here, he asked a simple question and people slate him for wanting to do something. Its his car....