ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powder/dirt in spark plug well

Revs are now lumpy at idle and unstable at held higher revs, just started getting a flashing engine light on the bottom left of the gauge as well. I read that this could be caused by oxygen sensors/sparks/coil pack. I had not long ago put new ngk platinums in but i checked them all today and 2nd from the drivers is covered in powder/corrosion

So question is whats the best way to clean the well? Leave the plug in, blast air in then spray with brake clean and put more air in? I dont have a compressor so will canned air be strong enough?

Ive ordered a new inlet gasket as well because that was a bit leaky. Plug closest to driver is a lot more oily than the others which Im not mistaken is common?

Tia

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I doubt the corrosion will be playing a part in anything. You just don't want to blast s**t down the spark plug bore whilst cleaning! Your idea sounds perfectly fine, and spraying with brake cleaner is usually fairly powerful with a decent aerosol.

That plug is often oily, but mainly down to a sloppy oil fill up.

@Louis'
I gave them as much as a clean as I could. Funny that this lumpy buisness wasnt happening when I went to get the stuff, this was yesterday and didnt happen at all the whole day, happened at the start of today but the light went off shortly after and the revs are more stable, its real odd. Its not practical just to get it up to high revs and properly test all the time on the road, as I think somethings just not running at 100% right now, I know that the lambda can effect this sort of thing but Im not completely sure right now.