ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*potentially thick question alert*

2003 Clio 172
Hey,

Bought some lummy braided hoses from a member on her and one on eBay.

Both front and rears have nut fittings on the end but from experience, all applications I have looked at in the past use a threaded bolt end, to go into the calliper for a start.

Now, I haven't actually looked at bonk's brake setup so don't hose me too much but am I missing something?

The rears are hel lines so I really wouldn't expect them to be wrong, besides....they were from a well regarded member on here

Thoughts?

Andy

Chav Rocket
dont the rears sit between 2 fixed lines, and the fronts go between the fixed line and the caliper?
Thats how it is on my MK1 anyway

Westy. MX5
The 2 rears are in the N/S wheel arch and if HEL they do fit ok but a little bit too long so don't kink them. The fronts are a straight swap for the o/e' s, remove the spring and rubber gaurd and fit them on the new HEL's, soak the rubber guard in hot water for a few mins and they just slide onto the HEL's. If you don't fit the spring and rubber guard the MOT tester may fail them, it has happened. The thread fittings are the same.

2003 Clio 172
Cheers guys.....i had a look at the rears and I can see they go before the rear beam.......

Regarding the fronts, it would seem i have been sent a bag of s**t as they: a.) are much longer than the ones fitted, b.) have female fittings to both ends and c.) have no method of attaching to the spring to prevent slack

Im gonna pull this chap on eBay....

The hel stuff looks blinding quality compared to the fronts.....which look, erm....yellow pack

FYI, the eBay ad is here

And this is what they look like

View attachment 47222

Thoughts?

J

Westy. MX5
They do look like the wrong ones. The HEL ones are about 2" longer than the OE's at the front and 1" longer at the rear.