ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pot holes...pffft...animals!

Tav

Clio 197
Awesome day today at Fintray hillclimb. Scorching weather (and now scorching arms + neck) and crazy cars. Here's the Clio in the 'car park'...

fintray01.jpg

Bringing new meaning to the concept of light weight, plenty of crazy single seaters competing:

fintray02.jpg

Some classics Mini's put on a good show:

fintray03.jpg

Dropped Pidge off then headed down to see the girl in Montrose. Nice evening with feet up in front of the box. Driving home disaster struck. Dun dun dunnnnnn!

Came up behind a Corsa on the small stretch of A92 dual carriageway beside Stonehaven that goes underneath the A90. Switched to dipped beams. His brake lights came on and he decided to do a u-turn in front of me and head back up the hill. I'm thinking WTF is he doing and my concentration was diverted to his antics. Do I need to stop? Should I just brake? Is he going left or right?

I'm slowing down from 70mph to 50-60mph when I look back a head after working out where he's going. Out comes a fox/dog sized animal from the offside darkness. WALLOP!

Dented door:

fintray06.jpg

Blood...poo...or guts? You decide! Got a little bit on my leg when I jumped out the car as I was wearing shorts, gross:

fintray07.jpg

Saving the best two till last:

fintray05.jpg

F-ing mullered:

fintray04.jpg

So if anyone has a spare 182 bumper in RB or otherwise I'd happily take it off your hands for reasonable price :approve:

Tav

Clio 197
Bit gutting since a rabbit split my splitter in two the other month...not having a good time of it. 5 years and only a wee bird strike...now it's proper big things :(

Tav

Clio 197
Anyone got an idea on price for new front bumper btw? I know the splitter will be dear :(

120d M-Sport
Ouch mate, thats not good! Should have jumped out on the culprit and finished it off lol.

Bet you was gutted :dapprove: seems you have took it very well though! I'd be a very angry man lol. All the best in getting it repaired bud :)

Tav

Clio 197
My dad is going to be angry enough for the both of us lol. I'm just like 's**t happens' if it jumps out 6ft in front of you there's no stopping. Going to have to think twice about late night trips home though, might need to sit at 60mph and take the dual carriageway instead of the single carriageway A road home.

f**king ouch! Looked so mint in the first pic, You seem to have taken it well.. Id be wanting to kill every fox/small animal in a 10 mile radius.

Hope it all gets fixed and back to looking good again.

bad times.

i hit fox last wk, luckil must have just cought him at the right place as he just disapeared under the bumper and wheel.....did manage to shred my wheel arch liner in the process though. still feel lucky now seein that.

Cup and R6
Anyone got an idea on price for new front bumper btw? I know the splitter will be dear :(

couldnt help on the front bumper as im still a noob myself, but ive been quoted around £130 for a new splitter, i have a crack in mine, for 130, ill put up with it!

Ah unlucky Tav.. Was this just after the coast road? Where is joins onto the dual carriageway?

I came VERY close to hitting a deer in my 182 once, was lucky I was going the speed I was, any quicker and I'd have probably written the car off!

320d
Realy unlucky hitting a wild animal, sorry to see them damage its caused mate.

Hope you get it repaired well and doesn't cost too much.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Thats unlucky that mate, its amazing (not in a good way) the damage animals can do when you hit them at speed, even small ones.

Touch wood i've never hit anything on the roads, come close a few times mind, i'm a ***** though i'd never kill an animal if i had a choice.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i broke my animal killing cherry the other day... only a baby bird, like a robin or somthing, just bounced off the windscreen then i watched out the back window as it went onto the bonnet of the car behind, felt a bit sorry, few seconds later, wipers on, birds insides came off a treat and on with the day.

Evo
I feel sorry for the fox! looks like it didnt get out of that one alive.

Only ever thing i've killed is a mouse that darted out in front of me, and i felt guilty enough about that.

Would rather ditch my car than smash a foxs head off :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Would rather ditch my car than smash a foxs head off :(
Because it's a only a cup?

:rasp::clown:

Foxes are unecessary. They steal chickens. We eat chickens. Therefore they are our predatory competitors. Kill them all.

Tav

Clio 197
Turns out it was a baby deer....thought it was big! No wonder it made a mess! Shame it's a Sunday and Renault are closed, really need to get a price for a bumper and weigh up if it's worth claiming for it or paying out my own pocket.

Nimbus 197
OUCH! Should have seen the Pajero that hit a bull this weekend, would make you feel better (trust me, his bull bars did nowt to deter the bull)

Tav

Clio 197
£200, hmmm not horrendous...that and the splitter cost makes up my excess, so only painting to pay on top. Hopefully get a 2nd hand bumper from someone on CS :)

M2 Competition
Ouch mate, thats not good! Should have jumped out on the culprit and finished it off lol.

Bet you was gutted :dapprove: seems you have took it very well though! I'd be a very angry man lol. All the best in getting it repaired bud :)

Why would you be angry at a deer?

Harsh luck mate, easy repair though, damage could have been far worse. Things like this make you appreciate the car all the more :)

Tav

Clio 197
Got a bumper for £146 from Renault as well as the liners...left the splitter but he was going to do it for £115 + VAT, might get it next month.

Just getting somewhere sorted to paint it.

Tav

Clio 197
£150 for paint by the end of the week, hoping he does a good job. I would have been happy with anything between £100-150 so he came in on the money. Body shop is only a 10min drive away, got home a little faster..mmm mmm backroads :) Just gotta watch for the wild life!

£150 for paint by the end of the week, hoping he does a good job. I would have been happy with anything between £100-150 so he came in on the money. Body shop is only a 10min drive away, got home a little faster..mmm mmm backroads :) Just gotta watch for the wild life!

Glad to hear you got it fixed and sourced parts.

Who did the painting for you ?

And hows the finish ?

As i'm in need of a paint shop :(

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=451563

Tav

Clio 197
Finish is good, pro trim out on Netherly road did the bumper for me. Will get pics up soon. £150 and he did it in a couple of days. Fine price up here I reckon!

Unfortunate your 1/4 is dented! My door still needs done, I'll be going back to Pro Trim. Go see the guy, he's nice and pleasant to deal with unlike so many people in the trade. I doubt it'll be a cheap fix though : (

Tell him the guy with the Blue Clio recommended him...might help him give you a good quote...he'll be chuffed he's getting word of mouth trade I bet.

Finish is good, pro trim out on Netherly road did the bumper for me. Will get pics up soon. £150 and he did it in a couple of days. Fine price up here I reckon!

Unfortunate your 1/4 is dented! My door still needs done, I'll be going back to Pro Trim. Go see the guy, he's nice and pleasant to deal with unlike so many people in the trade. I doubt it'll be a cheap fix though : (

Tell him the guy with the Blue Clio recommended him...might help him give you a good quote...he'll be chuffed he's getting word of mouth trade I bet.

Cheers Tav, i'll give Pro Trim a shout ;)