ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POT HOLE!!!!

BMW F31
Firstly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

that feels better!

just hit an 80mm deep pot hole, took photo's etc of depth and width. spoke to police to get someone out to sort it.

lodged a complaint with local council and uploaded a photo of the hole.

has knackered my alloy.

anybody got any tips or info on what action to take next???

gonna phone highways tomorrow to see what they say but just wondering if anyone has any extra help/tips as i want to make a claim as now i have 3 alloys and a spare :(

BMW F31
here's some pics for you :(

also can anyone shed any light on whether both my shocks should be sitting so proud of the turrets!? both sides look like that and they have dirt mark where it looks like the rubber used to sit!?

Ph1 172
Cant answer your questions mate but can offer you some sympathy bloody british roads. Hope you get that paid for and more, you bloody should do.

Free Bump

BMW F31
thanks mate, so do i :(

already caused me loads of hassle as i need the car for work and i dont want to drive it when im not sure about the suspension etc :(

BMW F31
well i have another person who is complaining as well as it damaged their car so that should have some more clout!

LY 182
has happened to me aswell horrible feeling isnt it.
another bad one was today parked up on the pavement where i always park at work have done for over 3 years and never had a problem driving off it with my lowered car.
today i must have drove off at a different angle as after id gone past the point of no return i had to drive off it sitting there listening to the sound of my sill grinding along the kerb.

as for the suspension, it not nessecerily bent if you look at the other side top mount its probably sitting at the same angle
worst case scenario imo is a bent shock leg but its unlikely to be honest.
get it on a 4wheel alignment and that will pick any discrepency up

182trophy & Williams
know how that feels, what a c*nt.good luck with getting money out the council

visualize whirled pe
looks like you'll be sticking on those lovely 3 spokes renault gave all us ph 1.6 owners for the time being, infact I have those fitted still to mine and bounced down a few pot holes the other day as they were hidden by flood water.

I think the photo will help your claim, but good luck they hate paying up. I think it's all this rain water; a small hole starts in the road and water spraying from under the lorries tyres, like a jet washer, making it bigger and bigger.

If you've not had an answer with regards to the shocks I'll go and photograph mine tomorrow for you if you like so you can see if there is any difference, saying that I'd be dead surprised if a 8cm hole in the road could shag them, I would have thought the bump stop would have to take some of the strain, but the offer is there.

BMW M135i
Yes thats how they're supposed to sit. Has it slightly domed the top left hand side of the turret or is it just the pic? When my 1.6 took a knock like that it did, nothing that effected the suspension but it was there.

BMW F31
looks like you'll be sticking on those lovely 3 spokes renault gave all us ph 1.6 owners for the time being, infact I have those fitted still to mine and bounced down a few pot holes the other day as they were hidden by flood water.

I think the photo will help your claim, but good luck they hate paying up. I think it's all this rain water; a small hole starts in the road and water spraying from under the lorries tyres, like a jet washer, making it bigger and bigger.

If you've not had an answer with regards to the shocks I'll go and photograph mine tomorrow for you if you like so you can see if there is any difference, saying that I'd be dead surprised if a 8cm hole in the road could shag them, I would have thought the bump stop would have to take some of the strain, but the offer is there.

not a bloody chance lol!!! i refuse to put them crappy wheels back on lol.

got a mate who has had a set of seat wheels on his clio with spigot rings, and he's gonna let me borrow those, so no rsi wheels for me lol.

highways have said to get the wheel repaired or buy a new set etc then send the invoice to them with the claim form, the other woman who also has the same problem has said we'll both fight it if we dont get anywhere with the first route of action so heres hoping! :)

BMW F31
Yes thats how they're supposed to sit. Has it slightly domed the top left hand side of the turret or is it just the pic? When my 1.6 took a knock like that it did, nothing that effected the suspension but it was there.

tbh i'm not sure i'll have a look at lunch, thing is its lowered on -40mm apex springs and standard shocks so to say the dampers dont do much of a job is an understatement lol!

i'll report back at lucnh once my mechanic friend has assessed it.

rich- thanks for the offer i may just take you up on it :D

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Nope, thats usual for the picture of the top of the turret. If you watch them when you turn, they move up and down and side to side. The rubber is there to stop them from rubbing and friction. So they look fine, if you turn the wheel full lock to the otherside, then look at it, then full lock to the original side, then look at it. Now do the same and inspect the other side, should be the same. Oh make sure your on flat ground with no camber.

BMW F31
cheers for that rctempire :D

had a friend look it over at lunch, the only damage the hole caused is it hit my subframe but there's no structural damage other than scuffing the frame so all is good, just gotta sort a new set of wheels now and send the council the bill!

Ph 1 172
by law the council have to pay up i had the same problem (not wuite as bad damage mind) and they paid for a new tyre and fitting but i had to pay for it and then the reinbursed me