ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possibly a stupid question...

Ph2 Clio 172
Just had all engine mounts and the downpipe to cat mount changed on my ph2 172. Before I was getting a slight misfire at low revs under load, but now it appears to have completely vanished...just wondering if changing any of these parts could have fixed something? I know it's a stupid question...so apologies.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You mean the manifold to cat join kit? if it was leaking from there and your exhaust was coughing and spluttering then replacing for a new one will have solved this

I think that's what you're describing as the "slight misfire", just exhaust blowing ever so slightly from that join

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah it was the mani to cat join...it was totally shot. I was just trying to pinpoint whether it was o2 sensors changing something or the fact that the engine mounts were totally knackered it was knock sensor..Fairly new to the 172, so haven't learnt all the quirks etc yet ;). Was going to get new coilpack leads and plugs, so it might have saved some cash :)

Last edited: