ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible To Paint INLET Manifold?

Flame Red 172
Just wanted to brighten up my engine bay up, going to engine cover painted and was wondering if its possible to paint inlet manifold?
Pics of painted inlets please people!

ITB'd MK1
yes of course

61877_121604754560021_120085048045325_131472_1956729_n.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

RS 182 CUP
It's just metal mate, well easy to paint, just try not to get paint in any inlets. I polished mine, lots of elbow grease needed to diy it tho! Just find a decent primer and you should be fine to paint it any pretty colour you want

RS 182 CUP
Wire brush on a drill to get rid of most the burrs, then some wet and dry sand paper, just kept using finer and finer untin it's mirror finish, the fuel rail protector thing is the easiest and is best to start on if you wana try yourself, you end up with sore fingers after it all though. There's someone on here though who knows a company in Nottingham thatl polish it, just can't remember who that was.

RS 182 CUP
There's plenty of helpful vids on YouTube if you want more info, while it's off it would prob be best to start matching it

RS 182 CUP
Four bolts hold in coil pack, undo all plugs and hoses then there's a few ten mm bolts at front and two at the back. Careful not to bend gasket once you start lifting It off, if you need any help just pm me

RS 182 CUP
Inlet manifolds( both halves) aren't always perfectly cast, and can reduce air flow and speed, matching them gives you a little more mid range power not a lot to be honest but if your after cheap diy mods it's a decent one, some companys charge up to 130 for it, but as long as your confident with a dremel it shouldn't be too hard. You should be able to find info on this if you use the search at the top of the page.

RS 182 CUP
They look like new/clean parts, a wire brush drill bit will do that if yours is in need of cleaning up

ITB'd MK1
it's high temp paint, no primer needed (done that before, it doesn't go hard LOL) de-greased in the part washer, then a wire brush, blast off with brake cleaner, then a few coats of paint