ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Misfire?

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
I need help with my 1.2, i recently replaced the rocket cover gasket as it was leaking oil over the exhaust and generally stinking up the place.
Whilst i had it apart i also cleaned the throttle body and removed the pool of oil that collects in the inlet manifold on these d4f engines.

after ive put it all back together the car is running very lumpy, and it judders and sounds like its splutting and misfiring when accelerating from a stop but runs fine once its over 2000rpm

also the idle now seems to cough and the whole car judders every now and again, am i right in thinking this is a misfire? there are no warning lights on the dash and no codes stored.

the plugs are under a year old, and it was running perfectly before i took it apart to fix the oil leak, could i have damaged the leads or coilpack when i removed them? or is this likely to be an injector fault?

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
leads are all on in the right order (they're numbered), nothing is trapped as far as i can see?
could a dodgy seal on the inlet manifold cause this?

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
just to close this off, took a second look at this and it turns out the end of one ht lead was cracked and another had decided to leave its rubber end (oo-er) around the spark plug so it probably didnt provide a proper seal.
Just changed the coilpack and leads (they are combined) and it seems to idle better now, will drive it tomorrow but hopefully thats it fixed.