ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible leaking drum brake cylinder ???

1997 Mk1 1.2
Hey guys
I own a 1.2 mk1 , gave my car wash this morning and noticed there was a small puddle of brake fluid inside my alloy wheel on the rear drivers side ,
Wiped it clean about an hour ago and just had a look again and there's a few more splashes , I have not driven the car but gave the brake pedal a few pumps after cleaning it off, the fluid has dropped quite abit in the resovoir

Could it the cylinder or seals?
I had planned to renew my pads and shoes sometime within in the next month or so , but have been a bit apprehensive on doing it ,

I like to do as much work as I can on my car to save the penny's and learn some lessons but I'm considering taking it into a garage to have this dealt with ,

Can anybody give me a rough estimate on how much It would cost for fitting a new brake cylinder ( if it is causing the leak) and new shoes on both sides ?
I feel happy doing the front pads myself but I've heard of trouble getting the drums off , especially if the shoes a worn

Would it be a quick job for a garage ? Or would it take days? Waiting on parts etc

Sorry my questions are abit mixed up , any help would be appreciated , just like rough idea on price (being as its Sunday and garages around my ends are closed ) on what to expect when ringing around tomorrow , :)