ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible engine stuttering solution

In the search on trying to stop my 172's misfire/low range stuttering and reading stories of cleaning tdc sensors and replacing coilpacks I thought a little investigating was needed before I had to rape my bank account to solve the solution, first I replaced the plugs for the ngk's from my older engine I had sat around, but the misfire was still there, so I cleaned the tb up with carb cleaner and checked all the leads and sensor wires were fitted properly and fitted brand new ngk's but Still had a misfire. So I then went to the local motor factors and enquired about other spark plugs and they gave me some Bosch super 4's. I was a bit dubious (at a quarter of the price I paid for the ngk plugs) and the misfire has now gone. Just thought if other people were stuck trying to find a solution it was a tenner well spent on a cheaper set of better plugs (in my opinion).

Black Gold Trophy
You probably had a fractured plug where it had been dropped or something. There's nothing wrong with the NGKs, it was probably more a case of you were overdue a set of plugs and buying a new set (be it NGK or bosch) cured the problem.

Still Doesn't explain why a perfectly good set of ngk plugs from my old engine didn't do the trick, neither did the new ngk's. Can't have two bad batches because the old ones were fine and I removed and fitted and torqued them to the correct settings. You have to remember that the ngk's were probably just a deal that Renault had at the time and I'd rather pay a quarter of the price for plugs if they still cure a problem and work exactly the same, just trying to save some people money and give them an extra option.