ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Possible engine problem ** pls help!!

Civic Type R
Hi

Hopefully someone with be able to help me.

For the past two days I have noticed a little bit of smoke when reving from cold . Dont know if this is normal it clears once its nice and warm.

But there is a really bad smell when I have been giving he car some beans. Smells like the oil breather pipe is off. But I have checked and added cable ties to make sure.

I cannot see any oil dripping anywhere, engine looks dry all over, back and front. I have checked the oil and am not losing any at all.

I have also noticed that it has been hesistating a little more when cold.

The car has recently had full service and decat, I understand that the decat can make the car sound fumey, but its like the oil cap has been left off, and definately is not coming from the back of the car.

When warm car runs fine with no smoke at all even on redline. Its under warranty with the aa so am not really sure whether I should just ring them and tell them the problem.

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Cheers Guys

Wayne

Civic Type R
fixed it - there was oil under the plenum - looks like when the cambelt was changed it want put back on proprly - no more smells other than the normal decat stuff, also the little circular rubber seal / gasket was not put backin properly. Smoke seems to of gone too

Civic Type R
fukin hell, who fitted ur belts? mickey mouse?

The garage has had a right f**king roasting to be honest, and the manager is ringing me back tommorow.

lol fixed it just like that

Hopefully yes.

Thought I would treat the car to some new plugs today, and noticed it as soon as I took the plenum off. If I can take it off, and but it back on properly I cant see how some c**t of a mechanic cant!!