ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible diff problem?

ph1 172
Seem to have a bit of a problem with my ph1 172, I can drive the car as normal, no problems or anything.

But when I'm trying to park or steering the car at a minimal speed, I get this crunching noise and wheel wobble from the front of the car, this also happens when I steer the wheel when stationary.

I don't get this at all when I'm driving when steering, so unsure what this could be, if anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful, hate parking at the moment.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, may be a diff problem, or a driveshaft. I asked, as what you have described is quite standard for a plated diff.

It may be something simple as loose wheel or something catching, as if it was Diff related it should only really happen when power is going through the drivetrain, and you've said happens when your stationary and turning the wheel. I'm sure one of the experts (Fred, mick etc) will be along with a better idea than my amateur guess mate.

ph1 172
I'll get it up in the air over the weekend, I did think it should happen more when there is power going through the wheels if it was diff, but it sounds like it crunches.

Thanks for your help though, appreciate it.