ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible cooling/fan problem, pic included also starting probs

ph quick
Had some major starting issues recently so ive just bought and fitted a new tdc and loom today... Drove the 3 miles each way to the r sport for the bits, so about alf hr driving or so...

When i came to fit the tdc a good hr after getting home the engine was still really hot so i ran it a bit to see if the fan would come on but it didnt, doesnt come on either on ce the engine is turned off and i dont remember it ever doing that...

Anyway if i disconnect the plug on that im pointing to in the pic then the fan comes on for a while when i turn the engine off, is this normal or does this part need replacing?

DSC00215.jpg

I forget how that sensor works wheather its unpluged and things its hot or cold but regardless if the fan works when you disconnect it and the temp gauage in the car sworking there no issues the fan doens't always have to come on only if its hot.

ph quick
Thanks, ive never had any probs with it over heating, temp gauge works fine, goes up maybe half a marker above normal in heavy traffic...

Hopefully starting probs will be gone now anyways