ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible circlip problem!!??

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Hi all, think it could be n/s driveshaft circlip fault. Going from 2nd to 3rd and lost drive, first thought circlip but without clutch down I can select gear? Has anyone had the same symptoms and it was circlip?
Richard

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Removed the n/s drive and I'm not really clued up on these clio yet so I'm a bit confused where the cir clip goes!? Any help would be lovely ;)! Thanks Richard

The tri angled cup slots back in, may need a bit of GENTLE persuasion (I use a rubber mallet) then ther will be a groove that it slots into. There will also be a thrust washer that goes between the 2. I'd advise getting th bolt in plate from eBay and fitting that. But I have welded a few myself with no issues, including my supercharged one.

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Ok brilliant mate, I'm going to have to take the diff out now tho as the cir clip and thrust washer have broken up and fallen into the bell housing :(. What is the bolt in plate called because iv had a look on eBay but only finding driveshaft? Thanks for you help :).

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Yer good Idea mate, but don't know if iv caused more damage to the diff and spinning the o/s wheel and a rumball from the diff! But ill try the magnet thing first if I get most of it out ill run it up! Oh fair dos mate lol.

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Yer iv checked inside there as my mate owned the car before and the same thing happened to him and it spat it into the cv boot.