ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible bent/damaged valves.. where to take it?

Clio 182
Hi,

Basically dropped a gear to overtake someone the other day, and after that had a slight tapping sound coming from the engine - pulled over straight away and got it towed to renault.

lots of shaking heads, one guy thought it was coming from the bottom of the engine (I'm not convinced) and the other, which sounded more like it to me given how it happened, suggested that the cambelt might have slipped a couple of teeth and caused the damage.

Either way, its not going to be cheap at all (and its just out of warranty..) but where would people recommend I take it? can single cylinders get repaired/rebuilt, or is it likely to be a new top end job (assuming it is valve damage)

I know renault will charge me even more for what is already going to be a very expensive job - can anyone recommend a place to take it as close to manchester as possible (car is currently at my parents house there)

thanks

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
may not be, it may be an ancillary component (alternator, idler, p/s pump ect ect) best get it checked out professionally

yeh and just becasue a bunch of monkey mechanics shake their heads doenst mean a thing - other than the fact that they can see pound signs in their eyes...........

lots of shaking heads, one guy thought it was coming from the bottom of the engine (I'm not convinced) and the other, which sounded more like it to me given how it happened, suggested that the cambelt might have slipped a couple of teeth and caused the damage.

Either way, its not going to be cheap at all (and its just out of warranty..) but where would people recommend I take it? can single cylinders get repaired/rebuilt, or is it likely to be a new top end job (assuming it is valve damage)

if it has slipped a few teeth you'd never be bale to drive the car engine would be a gonners it not gone and slipped so that a no no sounds like a possible VVt failure maybe.

Clio 182
cheers,

well the car seems to idle fine, its just the tapping that is worrying.

obviously its impossible for anyone on here to decide what might be wrong with it, but that does put me in a slightly better mood edde :)

any other suggestions as to where to take the car?

cheers,

well the car seems to idle fine, its just the tapping that is worrying.

obviously its impossible for anyone on here to decide what might be wrong with it, but that does put me in a slightly better mood edde :)

any other suggestions as to where to take the car?

Drop pmurry on here a message or do a search in the tunners forum he's in Leeds owns/coowns/runs a garage they can do all the bits like this.

RSTuning, Briny.

He's local and highly recommended. He did my service well enough. :)

I hope the other guy didn't see you breaking down, that'd be very embarrasing!

Clio 182
haha, they might have done, although they were overtaken for doing 20mph on back lanes - I think they were too old to realise they were even in a car, so probably didn't notice me overtake or break down! :p

I'll give RS tuning a call tomorrow thanks

haha, they might have done, although they were overtaken for doing 20mph on back lanes - I think they were too old to realise they were even in a car, so probably didn't notice me overtake or break down! :p

I'll give RS tuning a call tomorrow thanks
He's pmurray on here if you want to drop a PM too.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It best arrive tomorrow as it was more expensive to post than using the usual delivery company! They put guaranteed sat am.

Back on topic.... feel free to give us a call tomorrow (before 13.00) and someone can discuss this with you

Cheers

Paul