ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

positive camber correction

1.2 2003 clio
I was just wondering if someone could help me out,

I have recently fitted coilovers to my 1.2 clio and have just been experimenting with the heights, I have now got it where I like and is still practical (just).

Now my tracking is out and all needs sorting but also I seem to have noticeable positive camber,what I was wanting to know is should I look into getting some kind of camber adjustment method such as camber bolts before taking it in to a garage as I don't presume the car has any adjustment anywhere for camber as it is and I don't want to be paying for it to go in twice if it can't be sorted first time round.
Any help is much appreciated

Cheers
Ian.

Many.
Depends how much camber you have to be honest!

Couple of degrees is acceptable, and probably a good idea.

Best thing to do is get it measured, Camber won't wreck tyres as quickly as tracking will.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Is the top hole slotted? If you can try and upload some pictures of the camber you have now and also a picture of the coilovers.

1.2 2003 clio
Thanks and Okay I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow, and no it's just the two bolts with no adjustment there.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you definitely mean positive camber? Lowering a car naturally adds negative camber so in my opinion a noticeable amount of positive camber would indicate a problem.

1.2 2003 clio
Screenshot_2014-11-03-18-33-26.png
Screenshot_2014-11-03-18-05-21.png
Screenshot_2014-11-03-18-03-59.png
Screenshot_2014-11-03-18-04-18.png

You can't see it too well from these photos but the level shows more accurately how the wheel is cambering

1.2 2003 clio
The drivers is the same as passengers the level in the photo is of the drivers side with the wheel being against the left hand side of the level

SQ5
Are the suspension top holes slotted? If so you need to push the top of the hub in.

Some suspension will require you to use spacers.

1.2 2003 clio
I presume my options if the coilover are defintly fitted correctly are to either get something like these:

!CDZOh(w!2k~$(KGrHqIOKjgE0(2TnB-mBNObIS(mOQ~~_35.JPG

Or get slots drilled in the coilovers extending the original holes backward which would be a definite last resort??

SQ5
If the coil overs are fitted correctly then I'd say something is bent somewhere!

What coil overs are they?

SQ5
Was the top hole slotted or not? If it was you need to slacken off both bolts and push the top in and then do up tight again.

SQ5
Then the coil overs sound knackered, or something else is knackered and bent.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

1.2 2003 clio
No, or if it was it wasn't noticeable at all. I was surprised at how much the tracking was out as well after putting them on.