ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Port Forwarding

So when using Utorrent. Sometimes the port forwards fine and sometimes its limited by a firewall....

Is there any reason as to why its inconsistent?

Also i'm on sky if it makes any difference.

Ta.x

172 cup
It shouldnt change as to wether it's forawrded by the same prgram. Once you set it to forward via your router settings it should stay forwarded.

Does your connection to the router change? If you were the only device connected when you set it up, you'd have been allocated one IP address, which could change depending on other things being connected on different days. I had these problems, ended up forwarding to a small range of IPs that I knew my computer would be allocated (192.168.0.2-6)

Cupra
i had a similar problem when i used to use it as the router had rules applied on a pc level rather than for all. If the desktop picked up another ip from the router when it logged on, the rule would not work and i would have to add another one. Might be worth checking.

^haha, i was beaten to it.

Ah yeah. Didn't think of that, wireless connection whereby my ip on the network switches around.

Guess ill have to dig up the sky password and go and change the router settings, giving my self a static ip and making sure its forwarded on the ip.

R26
i had a similar problem when i used to use it as the router had rules applied on a pc level rather than for all. If the desktop picked up another ip from the router when it logged on, the rule would not work and i would have to add another one. Might be worth checking.

You could set your pc to the static ip

182FF with cup packs
Ah yeah. Didn't think of that, wireless connection whereby my ip on the network switches around.

Guess ill have to dig up the sky password and go and change the router settings, giving my self a static ip and making sure its forwarded on the ip.

IIRC, as sky routers are just netgears, you should be able to put a dhcp reservation in for your PC, so it'll be setup via DHCP, but will always give you the same IP.