ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and bangs overun map

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
TBH it's just a bit of fun.

I have a RS tuner and have several different maps, one of which being the overrun map. I have run it on and off a few times in the past, However IMHO my car runs a lot better without the overrun map ( 98 ron map)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mine did it from the factory. Hai!

It's now de-catted, yup i'm now a hero.

The map you speak is probably the chaviest mod i've seen on a Clio.

keyboard warriors in full swing with this one. and btw id rather have ANY car that is boosted instead of something that is N/A and has build quality the same as a haiti shack, and this is coming from a clio owner. hope you get things sorted.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
keyboard warriors in full swing with this one. and btw id rather have ANY car that is boosted instead of something that is N/A and has build quality the same as a haiti shack, and this is coming from a clio owner. hope you get things sorted.
Each to there own

1eight2
Mine did it from the factory. Hai!

It's now de-catted, yup i'm now a hero.

The map you speak is probably the chaviest mod i've seen on a Clio.

This

I had a de-cat and an RS192 and it popped for fun! Even the videos the pops and bangs remap looks abit crap.

clio 172 ph2
It means you have the option to use the map with or without the oberrun code. That comment was about a ktec map, but in terms of the rstuner it the rquivalent of the ron98 map or ron98or map.

ahh... i c . ive heard that the overrun map over fules the car a little and brings the mpg down a bit to about 29mpg, is this true?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
ahh... i c . ive heard that the overrun map over fules the car a little and brings the mpg down a bit to about 29mpg, is this true?

No. It only activates on 4K+, so most of the time you don't even notice it. MPG drop about 1 or 2 mpg on normal driving, so 35/36MPG. Obviously if your revving it all the time trying to get it to bang, it will drop closer to 14mpg, but that's the same with or without the map! I think the bigger concern is the potential bore wash effect, which could cause premature damage to the engine.

Interestingly, my non-p&p RON98 map has started making tiny pops on the gear change overruns! The result of which is a much more natural overrun pop than the p&b map. :D