ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Popping exhaust?

Clio 182 Cup
I have a custom powerflow exhaust with Decat on my 182 very loud! But only pops when it's cold such as early morning but only pops for a minute or so really nice then goes back to loud and drone. Any ideas? Really want it popping!

172 Cup
There is no way really. Only thing I can suggest is a pops and bangs map, put it in google. It's not really recommended though..

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers mate yeh I heard of that and that It shouldn't really be done anyone else got any ideas?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Mine pops all the time on over run & sometimes on gearchanged, mines a standard system with the silencer removed..

The pop & bangs map is a bit gheyyy in my. & I'm not convinced it won't eventually have adverse effects for the motor.

Clio 182 Cup
Mine pops all the time on over run & sometimes on gearchanged, mines a standard system with the silencer removed..

The pop & bangs map is a bit gheyyy in my. & I'm not convinced it won't eventually have adverse effects for the motor.

Lucky git. I thought decating would have made it a lot better! At least it pops a bit now just not how I want

Range Rover Sport
Ah cheers, might bolt an ALS on when I get home.

Not to a S4 or 182 you will not.

I'm not certain there is an aftermarket ECU available for the Clio that offers REAL ALS as an option. ( Obviously requires a turbo ).

I was actually contemplating a pops & bangs map myself just out of curiousity and lulz. I just wanted to blow fire at Audi tailgaiters because thats what grown ups do. But after having heard my friends 182 with a Pro Speed pipe and a decat, I've decided against it. His doesn't pop but the goddam the noise is makes is so antisocial. I'd feel ashamed pulling into the housing estate at night.

Inferno 182 FF
I have a custom powerflow exhaust with Decat on my 182 very loud! But only pops when it's cold such as early morning but only pops for a minute or so really nice then goes back to loud and drone. Any ideas? Really want it popping!

Ive got the exact same exhaust and same only pops when cold, but has ordered a Full RS192 scorpion exhaust + De-cat and its too loud and droney for me!!!
don't think you'll get the noise you want from that system mate.

bendy1983

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 1&2
My 182 with full miltek system on does the same, never used to and only when cold for about 30 secs to a minute, just taking the revs up to 3k and letting it over run whilst tapping the throttle makes some amazing sounds,

Clio 182 Cup
Ive got the exact same exhaust and same only pops when cold, but has ordered a Full RS192 scorpion exhaust + De-cat and its too loud and droney for me!!!
don't think you'll get the noise you want from that system mate.

Ow ok mate thanks for letting me know shame I won't get the noise I want. What you gonna do then put the powerflow back on?

Clio 182 Cup
My 182 with full miltek system on does the same, never used to and only when cold for about 30 secs to a minute, just taking the revs up to 3k and letting it over run whilst tapping the throttle makes some amazing sounds,

Yeh i find that on the over run blipping the accelerator makes weird noises but not the pops I'm after

172 Cup
My K-tec stealth with Decat gives a good muffled crackle sound when blipping the throttle and the ocasional bang/pop when winding on pretty hard. Very good sound to be honest just a shame it fits the car like complete s**t.

Passat
Mine pops in the morning and that's it. It's maybe amusing the first time it happens but do you really want it happening everywhere you go? I'd feel like such a pikey.

Clio 197
As others have said (standard map) I get 30 seconds of the occasional pop when setting off - soon goes away though.

If you choose to have the pops and bangs map it only happens at higher revs to you can control it through the way you drive it.

172 Cup
I was kinda hoping the RON98 map on the RStuner boxes offered a little more of a crackley sound that the standard map. But they run pretty clean so I doubt it.

Obviously they offer the pops and bangs map as well but... Nah.

I have the 98Ron map and I have no pops or bangs at all. I read somewhere that the RStuner pops and bangs map doesn't come on till after 4k which I can't imagine most of us hit under normal driving unless overtaking, but might be useful for some folk? You've still got to acknowledge the amount of noise you'll make minus your decat anyway though. Unless you don't care :)

LY FF182
Pop and bang map is exact same as 98ron map except above 4k with zero throttle it dumps fuel in to pop in the exhaust. So on the housing estates keep below 4k and it's fine. Also just coz someone has a decat, doesn't make the car stupid loud, mines decatted and I find it very quiet.

I love the pops it makes when cold and kinda wish it did have the pop and bang map.. But I just can't be arsed to spend the money on that.

172 Cup
Didn't think the 98Ron map would be anymore crackely..

I'm looking into buying a New RStuner box, which apparently comes with Liscense and 98Ron map so I'll buy the pops and bangs map as well. Literally for the crack, an when I no doubt get tired of it I could easily slap the 98Ron map back on..