ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poorboys Wheel Sealant

2.0 Auris
I clay bared the alloys and was shocked with the amount of tar that came off themI feel that the 476 dosnt clean them i you know hat i mean but they are nice and shiny

106 GTi
Both the Poorboys and the 476 will only seal not polish or clean hence the meed for a polish first unless you go for one of the cleaner based Wheel Sealants to do a one step with.

Mito Sportiva 135
I use the SRP, Sealant (currently CG Jet Seal) and a couple of layers of 476s. Last time I applied the wax was in Early September and still coming up well now and beading like the body panels...but will look to polish and reseal over the course of the holidays. Screw revision lol.

Tangoed Works
i do srp, egp x 2 over 24 hrs min and then will be applying a coat of 476 at some point this week.

Mito Sportiva 135
^ Its a good method. The 476s can be layered too. Might not even be necessary for the sealant, I'm just a bit of a loser ;)

106 GTi
AG SRP, AG EGP x 2 or 3 twice a year then use the Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Swissvax Autobahn whenever I get the chance.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never done anything to my wheels apart from shampoo.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive got some RimWax but my current alloys are so fiddly to wax i can never be bothered, puttin some willy wheels on tomorrow which should make things a lot easier

Clio Trophy
I used the Poorboys stuff on my M3, which had very fiddly wheels to clean and it worked a treat. Took time applying it and put on a couple of coats, but more than made up for the time as subsequent cleaning was made so much easier.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Try Carlack Nano systematic care. It cleans them up and lays down a layer of sealant. IMHO it's a better cleaner & selant than SPR by far. The only thing it doesn't do as well is filling light scratches.

106 GTi
Try Carlack Nano systematic care. It cleans them up and lays down a layer of sealant. IMHO it's a better cleaner & selant than SPR by far. The only thing it doesn't do as well is filling light scratches.

It is swings and rounabouts on that one ideally it would be good to use both the SRP for its minor correctional abilitys and the Carlack for it's chemical cleaning ability.

For me SRP wins as I have litres of the stuff.