ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor start up

hey guys

My clio has been very rough on starting the past 2 weeks (reluctant to fire first time, like it used to), and it kangeroo's more than usual when cold too...

I'm just reading about the megane 225 engines using V-Power that have recently gone POP...

Just wondering if its anything fuel related (as I filled up with V-power the other week), or anyone else has had problems with their car?

Or should I be checking my ignition system?

Seat Ibiza
hey guys

My clio has been very rough on starting the past 2 weeks (reluctant to fire first time, like it used to), and it kangeroo's more than usual when cold too...

I'm just reading about the megane 225 engines using V-Power that have recently gone POP...

Just wondering if its anything fuel related (as I filled up with V-power the other week), or anyone else has had problems with their car?

Or should I be checking my ignition system?

Is that true, I always use V-Power...:(

nothings been confirmed, its confined to the North so far too.
I dont normally use Vpower, I just needed fuel and happened to stop at shell.

It may be nothing though... anyone got any ideas or is it just me?

182 FF
My mates RS6 was the victim of some poor Tesco Momentum 99 the other week. Your problem sounds like the TDC sensor to me

182 FF
When you say a victim, what happened?
Im worried now.

Sorry to worry you ha, it basically ran like it was on four cylinders and was blowing a load of black smoke out, so he took it for a run and the problem cleared, and refuelled at a different tescos and it was fine. Sounds like diesel contamination in the fuel caused it especially as its mapped to 550bhp so it did'nt like it at all. This was Stoke-on-Trent btw not in the sunny south where you are!

well its normally 35mpg I got 38mpg on a 40 mile run home, now its on 30mpg but ive only done town driving since. which is why its dropped, I assume.

I might just go top it up with Tesco's finest tomorrow lol

Depending on how it goes, ill get the TDC sensor replaced as that can stop an engine entirely, and as for the lambda sensor i'll keep a close eye on the economy.