ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor repair- options now??

182 FF Inferno
Just got the 182 back from being repaired after someone slid into on ice over christmas. Not too happy with the repairs, just wondered what options I have now.

Initial damage to the car was passenger door dented to the point of being jammed shut with the lock sticking out, and dents to the rear 3/4 panel. The bodyshop have told me its had a new door and new 3/4 panel. The door I can beleive, the 3/4 panel I doubt.

Anyway, the main problem is how the door sits. Basically its miles out at the top (sits proud of the roof line by about 5mm) but seems fine at the bottom/ front/ sides. Took it back the the bodyshop who first claimed it has been in a previous accident (95% sure it hasn't), then put it down to varying standards of spare parts!!

Whats my best course of action now?? It was an insurance approved bodyshop so, if I was to complain to the insurance, I'm sure they would go with the bodyshop..

cheers

Matt

ibiza cupra
talk to the body shop and tell them that if they dont sort it properly you will be complaining to your insurance company and telling them that they are repairing parts that they are charging as new ones. they will sh*t themselves and do the job properly.
if you are convinced that the rear 1/4 has been repairerd and not replaced then open the boot and check down the edges to see if they are both the same on either side. if they are and the the side that was painted has a line right on the edge where it has been masked or still has dirt and grease everywhere then there is a good chance that it has been repaired. also look at the top of the 1/4 around the corner of the back window, the b`post and along the sill under the door as this is where they would have joined the new 1/4 to the car. if down the sides are not the same, and you can see any type of ripple in these areas then it may well have had a new one put on and it may just be that the door needs adjusting.

182 FF Inferno
What way/ how can the door be adjusted?? I was under the impression they are on pins and cannot be adjusted.?

ibiza cupra
they are on pins but the body shop will have special tools that can bend the hinges back to the original position without distroying anything or losing any strength. may also be that the door its self need slightly tweeking to meet the bodywork.