ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor 172 performance...

Recently my Mk1 172(X reg) has been feeling a little below par! At the time this started I put it down to the extreme heat that we were experiencing but things dont seem to have improved.

The symptoms are just a lack of "va-va-voom", as Mr. Henry would say, it is slow to pick up when I put my foot down(which is normally accompained by a pop from the exhaust especially below 2000 revs). The torque steer situation seems to have improved(as in I dont seem to get any). Top end speed does not appear to be effected or fuel usage.

The only work done on the car recently was a new tensioner(as the old one was annoyingly loud) and four new tyres all round(improvement to torque steer?)

Anyone got any ideas before I take it to the local garage to have it checked out?

Thanks Mat.

New tyres will help the torque stear.

It might just be the new tyres arn't making as much noise of spinnng etc as much so it feels quicker.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Oil change, air filter change and fill up with decent fuel like Optimax if you're not already using it. Might help. Or else you could have got too used to it. Buy a motorbike instead perhaps!

Cheers, Rob669

Yeah change oil and use Silkolene, air filter and NGK spark plugs. Use a bit of optimax and fuel addictive. U might be due for a fuel filter change.