ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly Bush

Just a quick question, can you fit poly bushes to a non sport?
and has anyone done this? Or is it not worth doing?

Resaon for asking is my engine moves a heap under acceleration along with my gear stick.

monaco 172
I've seen poly roll bar bushes for the 1.2, check out euro car parts as they are the main dealer.

​As for excessive engine movement I'd be inclined to buy a new set of OEM engine mounts

Just a quick question, can you fit poly bushes to a non sport?
and has anyone done this? Or is it not worth doing?

Resaon for asking is my engine moves a heap under acceleration along with my gear stick.

Kitson I had this, it was ridiculous, it would fully shake back and forth like some hallion when you accelerated, whenever you let you, it's nearly pull the gearstick out of your hand!
I needed a new lower/rear engine dogbone mount, cost me £15 max from Euro Car Parts, when the car was up on the ramps, you could hold the mount between thumb and finger and shake the engine around, it was totally wrecked. New mount and it doesnt move at all, the gear stick still jerks a little but i think it needs a new gearbox mount too.

Thanks for the replies! :) Ill get looking into that now.
Jonny, did you get a new engine top mount too or just the dog bone one?

Just the dogbone, mate. That was it, wish i'd gotten the gearbox one to do it at the same time, but the new dogbone helped tremendously. The rubber mount point in it was completely collapsed!
The top mount is generally okay as it sits on it, rather than hang off it, so not a huge amount of strain goes on it i think.

Just the dogbone, mate. That was it, wish i'd gotten the gearbox one to do it at the same time, but the new dogbone helped tremendously. The rubber mount point in it was completely collapsed!
The top mount is generally okay as it sits on it, rather than hang off it, so not a huge amount of strain goes on it i think.

Good point. Ill look into them both. If youre to change it yourself do you need to life the engine or is it straight forward enough?

Good point. Ill look into them both. If youre to change it yourself do you need to life the engine or is it straight forward enough?

Gearbox i'm not 100% on as we only did the dogbone, for that out of ease, we just put the car up on the ramps that were handily in the car workshop we were standing in. From what i remember, the lower mount came off on mine and it sits ON the top mount, so it isnt going to fall out and hit you, I guess it couldn't hurt to have something supporting the engine, just to take the stress off, maybe a spare 1-2T stand or something?

Gearbox i'm not 100% on as we only did the dogbone, for that out of ease, we just put the car up on the ramps that were handily in the car workshop we were standing in. From what i remember, the lower mount came off on mine and it sits ON the top mount, so it isnt going to fall out and hit you, I guess it couldn't hurt to have something supporting the engine, just to take the stress off, maybe a spare 1-2T stand or something?

Hmm, so the dogbone is easy enough by the sounds of it :) Do you still have the link to the one you got? Just so i dont go completely wrong.

Hmm, so the dogbone is easy enough by the sounds of it :) Do you still have the link to the one you got? Just so i dont go completely wrong.

Not sure if our engines use exactly the same ones, mine was a 'dogbone lower: twisted' one.
Kinda like: this

Though when i searched for 1.2, there was also the straight type, where both bolts go in along the same plane, rather than perpendicular. Jack it up and scoot under, you'll really quickly see which it is.

Not sure if our engines use exactly the same ones, mine was a 'dogbone lower: twisted' one.
Kinda like: this

Though when i searched for 1.2, there was also the straight type, where both bolts go in along the same plane, rather than perpendicular. Jack it up and scoot under, you'll really quickly see which it is.

Very good point there, im still sleeping here. Ill have a wee nosey under some time, cant do any work on it due to the busted hand :/ Just want to get some parts so i can fix it up afterwards!

Very good point there, im still sleeping here. Ill have a wee nosey under some time, cant do any work on it due to the busted hand :/ Just want to get some parts so i can fix it up afterwards!

Still asleep...you know some of us have been up and in work all morning ;)
You could give Renault [Wolverhampton] a call to confirm the exact part number - and also see how much he can do it for since he's a trader on here. Or called ECP and give them your reg.

Still asleep...you know some of us have been up and in work all morning ;)
You could give Renault [Wolverhampton] a call to confirm the exact part number - and also see how much he can do it for since he's a trader on here. Or called ECP and give them your reg.
I cant work :( I miss it, will most likely end up being off for 7 weeks. Thats with a 2 week holiday though.
See, youre a genius today! I always forget about the traders on here.

I cant work :( I miss it, will most likely end up being off for 7 weeks. Thats with a 2 week holiday though.
See, youre a genius today! I always forget about the traders on here.

Just what did you do to your hand exactly?! I saw the photo of the cast :(
Yeah but only today haha, i sometimes forget all about the traders, but i got my insurance through Greenlight on here so i use them more often now! :)

Just what did you do to your hand exactly?! I saw the photo of the cast :(
Yeah but only today haha, i sometimes forget all about the traders, but i got my insurance through Greenlight on here so i use them more often now! :)
It's all in that thread. I ended up hitting a brick wall and shattered my 5th metacarpale in my right hand. Got 2 wires in my hand now.
When I'm the right age ill have to get my self a quote from them :)