ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polo R confirmed for 2012 - Mmmmm i want!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Might be old news but..i want!

2012_vw_polo_r.jpg

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/vw-polo-r-confirmed-for-2012/

"The Polo R will carry a 1.4-liter twin-turbo engine capable to deliver an impressive 190 hp"

I wonder what a remap will do? lol!

TBH people often presume that small cars should automatically cost far less then big ones. This not always the case. The engineering and tooling costs are very similar between large and small cars. Manufacturers traditionally struggle to make big profits on small cars. Offset by the fact that they tend to sell more.

In actual fact, if a Golf R and Polo R were similarly specified, they would both cost very similar amounts of money per unit to produce, from paper to showroom. People just expect small cars to cost less than big ones. I have no doubt that there will be no shortage of buyers for this.

Looks good.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why compare to the mk5? lol!

Why buy a 197? Just buy two 182's...lmao! Or why buy a 197? get a second hand 225..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking that Roy, i'd be confident enough to say there will be a few pre-orders.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I actually like it. I loved my 3 previous Polo's!

05 1.9 GT-TDi
06 1.4 TDi
06 GTi

:D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yes but you could probably tell in the quality.

The quality extends right down to the base Polo. It's all spot on.

I can just about see the reason for the Golf R... An exec that wants discreet performance from a premium hatch.

But seriously, who thinks "I had a Polo hire car on holiday and it had lovely cup holders and was well built. I just wish VW made a version that makes no sense, because I am a pellet with eight grand to burn"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I loved the courtesy car I had from work for a couple of weeks was great.

So quiet and well put together.

I was thinking that Roy, i'd be confident enough to say there will be a few pre-orders.

Yeah, and I can promise you that VW spend a LOT more than the likes of Renault when it comes to engineering and building their cars. The end results are reflected in the quality of the product. Not everyone wants to pay for that quality though, which is fair enough.

EDIT: VW are even super fussy about the quality and level of the FLOOR on which they build their lines. I know of an example where they insisted that an entire bodyshop had its floor ripped up and entirely resurfaced before a new line was built on it, just because they didn't want any old bolt holes in the concrete from the previous line. Trust me, that is insane attention to detail in a world where the lowest bidder wins the order to supply plastic clips.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Also the new polo is hardly small..lol! I thought a polo at work was a golf for a little while..lol

people complain a golf is too lardy. They make a polo and people say what's the point? Lol

M2 Competition
The quality extends right down to the base Polo. It's all spot on.

I can just about see the reason for the Golf R... An exec that wants discreet performance from a premium hatch.

But seriously, who thinks "I had a Polo hire car on holiday and it had lovely cup holders and was well built. I just wish VW made a version that makes no sense, because I am a pellet with eight grand to burn"

You could say similar about the Twingo ;)

Iceberg 172
It's not £22.5k... It's €22.5k.

It will be the Turbo charged Supercharged lump I would of thought. Through an electronic diff.

It'll look great, go well, and hopefully with a decent diff will handle well. But I BET it will be boring to drive, Like all new VAG's, they're designed to be driven by an idiot and not crash.

I'm a bit shocked they're doing the Polo R... the last Polo GTI never really hit the mark within the Hot Hatch market and I can't see this doing it either.

However, I like it!

Sort_of_want.jpg

the polos seem to hold value well, the 9n2 gti's are still around the 8/9k mark, which can be seen as alot of money for a model which was released in 2006.

182 Trophy
Yeah, and I can promise you that VW spend a LOT more than the likes of Renault when it comes to engineering and building their cars. The end results are reflected in the quality of the product. Not everyone wants to pay for that quality though, which is fair enough.

EDIT: VW are even super fussy about the quality and level of the FLOOR on which they build their lines. I know of an example where they insisted that an entire bodyshop had its floor ripped up and entirely resurfaced before a new line was built on it, just because they didn't want any old bolt holes in the concrete from the previous line. Trust me, that is insane attention to detail in a world where the lowest bidder wins the order to supply plastic clips.

ahhh thats ok then, i'd be happy to pay 22k now you tell me they keep the floor clean at their factory :dead:

maybe if they spent less time doing this and more looking at what renaultsport are doing with reguards to chasais/susspension design AND then made one of their cars lighter than the moon, the would be onto a winner

ahhh thats ok then, i'd be happy to pay 22k now you tell me they keep the floor clean at their factory :dead:

maybe if they spent less time doing this and more looking at what renaultsport are doing with reguards to chasais/susspension design AND then made one of their cars lighter than the moon, the would be onto a winner
do they really need to do this? i dont think vw are having any difficulty when it comes to selling
they have the power to compensate for this, maybe its renault that need to make power a priority....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
yes, because the clio would run rings around this, guarantee it ;)

and 18k??? you sure anyone actually paid that?
even so

thats 4K cheaper than a vw polo

Maybe people don't want their hot hatch to knock there filling out and give them back surgery after every drive.

I believe you missed the point of the clean floor.

very nice

the standed gti is 178bhp so is it really going to be worth it when its maps to 215bhp and 209torque an only costs 18k

id be happy with a gti tbh :D or even a gtd

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Rofl, mental price. It has the same hardware (engine and XDS diff) as the GTi. And the Fabia vRs (£15700).

ibiza cupra
i like, dont like the price though lol. i thought the point of the polo was that it was a smaller cheaper version of the golf?

Mini Cooper S
i like, dont like the price though lol. i thought the point of the polo was that it was a smaller cheaper version of the golf?

It is.... :p

Just not cheap

I think the GTI R is very nice, think about the stupid money people pay for Minis...