ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POLK MOMO COMPONENTS

just a quick query for all the ice techs @ cliosport,

i have just purchased a set of 13cm Polk MM455s - these are soon to be discontinued i believe which is why i got them at a such a bargin price. suggested retail for these babies are meant to be "£480.00" how ANYONE can ask for such a crazy figure like that for a set of speakers is above me, but anyway.

so - i have a lovely set of brand new boxed Momo Polks MM455s coming this week which i paid £180.00 for - to me this is alot of money, had you told me 2years ago i would pay £180.00 for a set of components i would have laughed at you. LET ALONE £480 quid!!!!! WTF?!

can anyone tell me how good these speakers are - ive never heard a bad word about them - however i need re-assuring that i have bought a bargin as £180 is still a lot of money for me.

heres a pic :-

http://www.001mobile.com/shop/images/mm465.jpg

James.

Rockport I feel I should warn you, I said the same thing 5 years ago and have just spent £xxx on my latest speakers!

They are damn good speakers, problem is that once you have had such good speakers anything less isnt the same and the only way to improve on top of the ramge speakers is a top head unit, amps, proccessors etc

You are on the road to listening heaven! Enjoy.

350z & 16v Maxi

These speakers ROCK, i love them. I have the 6.5" ones and two 12" subs.

The ones you have got are better than the new ones comming out. There is only a couple of speaker you can buy i would have over them but your talking £1000 up for them.

Yeah rockport! good choice!!! Like Kartman said, welcome to the world of audiophiles! you will never go back!!!!

I got my componants for £300 & they retail for £550-£600 So I got a good deal on mine too! (however different make) But they rock to sh*t!

dammm - this could be the best £180 i ever spent. Peeps over @ CAD think i should sound deaden the doors to get the most out of them. One step at a time me thinks.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

& the people at CAD couldnt be more right mate..... Ive got two square foot wedges for each door of xtreme dynamat for my components....! however I think one wedge should be enough for both doors!