ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polishing

1.6 16v without an engine
its probs mentioned a million times.. but im kinda new to the whole thourough cleaning thing... ive bought some polish and i dont have a clue what to do.. ive just took my car through the carwash so its been cleaned and waxed etc... now i need some tips on how to polish... how much to use, how many coats, best methods etc...

cheers nathe

Mito Sportiva 135
You need an applicator and a take- off cloth, preferably a microfibre towel. You can get these from Halfords or many of the sites listed on here.

Apply thin coats, you don't need to put on loads. Read the instructions to see if you need to leave the polish to cure at all, if not just wipe off using the mf towel. Avoid getting polish in seals and cracks as its hard to get out and will usually dry white, which looks gash. Another time saver is to avoid polishing in the sun as it can bake on some polishes making them more resistant to take off. Its not that hard really, just take your time and use a bit of elbow grease.

al

ST on the way...
I'll third that!!

Not even a Mr Handjob carwash.........or albanians!! ;)

P.S. Nice choice of car :D

RS Meg 175
lol my mum put my sisters car through the car wash at sainsburys the other day, those spinning rags mite aswell be made of barbed wire and sandpaper scratched the zafira to buggery!

106 GTi
Matta_88 said:
lol my mum put my sisters car through the car wash at sainsburys the other day, those spinning rags mite aswell be made of barbed wire and sandpaper scratched the zafira to buggery!

Lucky it was only a Vauxhall!