ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing glass/removing scratches from glass

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
I don't know what the previous owners have done but my windscreen is full of tiny scratches

IMG_20150113_170734056.jpg

Is there anyway to remove these scratches at all?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Id have to agree, replcemant . my windscreen is looking a little scratched from the wipers.
Question for you. Hypothetically if you drive over to Autoglass and say can I have a replacement as my screen is a little scratched will they say f**k off. Would i need to crack it before going do you think.

Mini GP2
My rear window has a lot of tiny scratches; i am guessing the previous owner used a brillo pad to clean it. I have tried using an aggressive cutting polish with a DAS 6 and there's little improvement.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
My policy booklet just says broken screen, although if you speak to Autoglass nicely I'm sure they could arrange something

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I just took the wiper blade off and dropped the arm on the screen.. Opps, it cracked.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
cerium oxide m8 is what you need
Cerium oxided doesn't work . I've tried the fine paste and coarse paste . It made no difference whatsoever .
To the OP , if the scratches are that bad that they bother you try and blag a new windscreen .

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi i got a local mate in bodyshop by me do it with cerium powder and a certain buffing pad and it worked took a very long time though

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
hi i got a local mate in bodyshop by me do it with cerium powder and a certain buffing pad and it worked took a very long time though

I spent a couple of hours on a scratch using a polishing pad , and both the fine and coarse cerium oxide . That was on a scratch that wasn't deep , but more wide caused by the windscreen wiper . We use 10mm plate glass at work , and years ago we used to use Jewellers rouge ( Iron Oxide ) but that would literally take hours and in the end it was economical to spend so much time polishing so now we just break the glass up . The the OP wants to try , by all means try , but I think he'll find it makes little to no difference on those scratches .

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Agree yes took hours and hours but cost nothing as it was a favour,but yes that looks bad scratches,id wait till it gets a crack and get a new screen