ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polished brake calipers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had my old brake calipers on my 1.2 painted silver and painted the 172 ones yellow and already a bit bored and trying to think of ideas and this poped into my head!!!

loads of people here have there inlet manifolds and fuel rail covers etc polished up and it looks good, but not saw anyone who has tried their brake calipers yet, is it possible?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When i painted a set of calipers , i cleaned them first with some wire brushes that fit in a drill . They came up really shiny and polished but still a rough texture . Tbh i wouldn't leave them that way as they'll soon become black and tarnished with the brake dust and heat i would imagine .

Lots of Alfas
SOme brake caliper remanufacturers do electroplating but there maybe problems with the 172 brakes as i think they are aluminuim castings?