ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish or wax?

So what's the best to use? Gave the car a good wash and it was a real effort to get the dirt off, I'm thinking it needs a good polish to stop the crap sticking so well. I can't be arsed to polish then wax seems a waste of time.

VaVa
Paint cleaner/ Clay, polish then wax/sealant.

It is a f**king ball ache, but it pays dividends in the end especially in this weather.

106 GTi
Ideally you need to paint clean and polish the paint first to get it looking its best, then seal/wax it to protect it.

If you cant be arsed with doing two or three steps, go with something like Auroglym Super Resin which cleans, polishes and protects all in one.

Reading the link makes me think I really should give it a proper seeing to. I've got loads of Autoglym stuff, so would their paint renovator be a good thing to use to start with or is that going to be too harsh? Could I then use their super resin polish, which I also have. I'll have to get some decent wax as I only have turtlewax, unless that's ok?

106 GTi
I would avoid using the Paint Renovater unless the car really needs it, it is designed for weathered & poor condition paint and for fixing defects.

If you want to go down the Autoglym route Super Resin and then there Extra Gloss sealant on top?

Williams 2
Its definately worth making the effort to wax as well now its winter to keep the elements out and protect from road salt. I use Meguiars 3 step process paint cleaner/polish/wax in 3 bottles. I've found this stuff pretty good and try to do it once a month. It's expensive suff, but pays in the lon run;)