ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

police doing my head 182

Ford Fiesta

is it a full fat 182? xenons look so much better anyway, and no one can do you for having them on!

;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

fog lights are not just for fog but for poor weather conditions...

FACT

if the weather was bad you were hard done by.

weather was well bad raining and dark as for other road uses there wasnt hardly any thats not an excuse i know i did wrong just wanted to hear people comments

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 31 March 2005oh some of the people make me laugh

complain about the police all day, then as soon as their car is damaged/stolen, who do they call? the police

yea to get a crime number.. nothin else theyre useless! i speak from first hand experience on that with my old car!

Megane R26

Ive not had any problems with the old bill in my 182. Its not like im a wreckless driver or anything, but I kinda thought I would have been stopped at least once by now as im a young driver in a fast car.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

agree with some comments about coppers being wa*kers as i see a lot of police cars around by me with there fogs on in normal weather, and a volvo went past me the other day doing about 90 on a 50 limit with no lights on (strange being a volvo) and no blues,

a17tav perhaps they were telling you that the fogs look sh!t with zenons on in their own way ;)

i hadnt i have had it 7 months but i hear that nottm are having problems with money (what ive heard) and us motorists are an easy touch!!

All the stories about the local police in nottingham being overwhelmed with the amount of murders, but when theres people with fogs on they make the time!

Basically coppers have moods like everyone else, 90% of the time ud of probaby got away with just a warning but unfortunatley you probably caught some on and off night and a fine is the result.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Right, first of all, you shouldn;t have had your fogs on, so what you got done for (presumably) was afir enough. Consider £30 enough of a reason to keep your fogs off when its not f**king foggy.

But, Notts Police are a bunch of c**ts, simple as, they are the reason I have 5 points and my insurance is about double what it should be.

Notts Police do not like young people in any cars, they also dont like the fact that they are now also fire arms officers, which means they get quite a bit of work. They are generally a pissed of bunch of guys!

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 31 March 2005

FACT

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

The weather on the night in question was good, so there was no need to use the fog lights

Quote: Originally posted by Deeg on 01 April 2005

Right, first of all, you shouldn;t have had your fogs on, so what you got done for (presumably) was afir enough. Consider £30 enough of a reason to keep your fogs off when its not f**king foggy.

But, Notts Police are a bunch of c**ts, simple as, they are the reason I have 5 points and my insurance is about double what it should be.

Notts Police do not like young people in any cars, they also dont like the fact that they are now also fire arms officers, which means they get quite a bit of work. They are generally a pissed of bunch of guys!
how did you get 5 points, and be honest

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Remeber a few years ago, the big accident on the A610 near Ikea? November time, brought Nottingham to a stand still? I was involved in that.

Well, A Police Officer hadnt done his job properley, then lied in his statement and said he had, and all the other Police backed him up.

He should have coned something off, instead he did one to eat do-nuts.

That is to cut a long story short.

Mondeo STTDCI
I think its glaringly obvious that the lad in questions was using the fog lights as a fashion accessory. Its a £30.00 fine so stop your whining.

And what a traffic officer would have to do with solving murders in Nottingham is truly and utterly beyond me.

And why I am posting in a 2 year old thread also begs the question of WHY!

M140i/Orange 182
I think its glaringly obvious that the lad in questions was using the fog lights as a fashion accessory. Its a £30.00 fine so stop your whining.

And what a traffic officer would have to do with solving murders in Nottingham is truly and utterly beyond me.

And why I am posting in a 2 year old thread also begs the question of WHY!

bord at work maybe??

182cup & 172 racecar
I was followed by an unmarked police on the M40 once doing in excess of 100mph,when they eventually came past,they had written on a piece of card,NOT SO FAST,and held it up at the passenger window,then just carried on past.I must have caught them on a good day

Better than yours. C*nt.
Re: Archived Post from old forum

im aware it wasnt foggy just a bad night! and i understand i shouldnt have had them on but there just doing my head in! im 23 almost 24 yesterday i had casual gear on and tonight a suit!

Own fault, no sympathy, f**k off.

Thread closed.

FACT

Seb I'm surprised at you! They are not for 'poor weather conditions' they are for seriously reduced visibilty less than 100 metres, which is fog or snow, but NOT rain.

They shouldnt be used in the rain as the dazzle is worse.

As for the guy who started this post, you admit to driving with your fogs in in clear weather. You admit you know its illegal. Then you ask why you were stopped. Isnt it obvious? And then you moan you were followed by another police car for a mile. Maybe they were just going the same way??? Sometimes the car they are behind just happens to be that, it doesnt mean they are watching you just because they are behind you.

Edit - Two years old? Wish I hadnt bothered typing that now...

T

thecremeegg

I got followed in my 1989 fiesta for ages by a copper at 1am....i assume he was just checking my details etc and was bored lol
And yea, people that drive with foglights on need their heads examined....they do NOT look cool

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Yesterday i was driving home from the gym at 845pm and was pulled by the police for driving in really bad weather conditions with my fog lamps on after being questions and questions who what where why al about the 182 they finally fined me 30 notes (ford st 24 mon est) police man and women all i got from the woman was that she couldnt afford the car i am drive so!!!

Today fealing 30 notes lighter i was followed for a mile i then i pulled up as he was starting to do my head in! i got out the car look at them (3 police men in focus est) then they drove off......

Live in Nottingham area what you all think!!!!!!!!

:(Cheers P

Are you not being a bit paranoid? You get stopped the first night coz u had your fogs on and it wasn't foggy. The second time you got followed (a police car travelling along a road has to follow someone, just the same as the car behind the police car is following the police car). I'm sure if they wanted to pull you they would have done. Sometime they will follow you until they have the PNC result from HQ. This can take a while if the channel is busy (hence one mile).

A Real Cup
I got pulled in the early am in the cup on the way to leeds once by the hefty v70. My tax disc had fallen off the windscreen and was in the little tray above the clock.

After all had been cleared over the wireless and i passed the attitude test I got to see and test out all the gadets they had on board...feckin brilliant!!

Not all traffic police are bad chaps.

is dirty.
I've been pulled 3 times for having my fog lights on and never given a ticket but then after those 3 times my luck ran out and I got fined £30 for beeping at night in Swansea's busiest place on a friday night..how sad. I got in the police car and didnt say anything apart from 1 word answers. The ticket was practically prepared as I got in the car.