ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Points coming off license

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Could someone explain to me how it works as it's the first time I've had points due to come off.

My renewal is up for the start of June (1/6/06) with Greenlight. I have got 3 more points than my renewal last year, but also have 4 coming off at the end of July, which is 3 years since getting them.

Do insurers take the points off quotes after 3 years, or do they wait until they come off your license (4 years)?

Also, can I renew in a way that I pay the extra amount for the first 2 months until my points come off, then drop the cost down to compensate for having 4 less? Or would I have to do this monthly to make it work like that?

Thanks for any info.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Well the way i see it, if you get the dvla to take the points off, how would the insurance company ever find out?

It must be against some EU legislation, human rights or something, to force people to reveal spent 'convictions' ???