ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Point and shoot camera recommendations for about £150?

G51 BEN
Okay so I'm a complete camera noob. I am going on holiday to Disneyworld in September and I'm after getting the best point and shoot digital camera I can for my money. I'm sick of the crap quality cameras I've had in the past and I'm after for the best quality pictures I can for my money. I have heard great things about the canon
S100 but this is out of my price range. A friend of mine swears by the Samsung WB700. I'm going to nip to currys or something after work but could do with a bit of unbiased ammunition as I don't want one pushed on me with it being a special offer or something.
I would even go for an 'as new' second hand one if it was good enough and for the right price.
Sorry for flooding this section with a load of noob sh*te but I could do with some recommendations as all review sites say differently.
Thanks

My Girlfriend got an Canon IXUS and it's amazing... It was £170 for an x8 optical zoom. More like £150 for a x4 optical zoom. It's a great little camera and won a fair few awards (for what it's worth).

G51 BEN
That IXUS 230 I had a good look at in Currys. Fantastic bit of kit, that's my top one so far but missus wants a Sony... Nobody mentions Sony that much, are they not supposed to be that good?

That IXUS 230 I had a good look at in Currys. Fantastic bit of kit, that's my top one so far but missus wants a Sony... Nobody mentions Sony that much, are they not supposed to be that good?
Does she want a Sony for name sake? Canon and Nikon and that Lumix ^^ are a good bet for what you're after I think.

G51 BEN
I think it's just for namesake.... Its more of a "I used to have a Sony and it was good so I want another. I used to have a Samsung and it broke so I don't want another"
I do prefer the Canons, and the IXUS is my first choice.

Ive replied to your PM JJ.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'll be getting myself a wee Lumix sometime I think - mostly for the HD video it can get and it's so small :)

I got a TZ-5 which is older again, but was also rather good when it came out. Heres a pic i took with it that i like,

2v2chhy.jpg

I'd say its rather nice for a PAS!