ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS shifter - aesthetic improvements

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
When I get my PMS shifter later this week I want to make it look as good as possible before fitting.

That means a coloured shaft and a gator, something like this;

IMG_5565.JPG

Apart from Rob & Dave, has anyone else done anything similar and have any advice on how to make this happen?

@RMDavis @loggyboy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Dave is your man bud!

If you ask him nicely I'm sure he will let you use his oven!

I left my bag of powder at his, and when mixed with another bag that he has you'll get an effect like mine.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
@Tim. - Give us a shout mate - the gears not set up but with a bit of warning I can happily do it in any colour I have, or like Rob, if there's a colour you like I don't have, order it for a few quid and bring it along.
http://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/pages/powders
Cheers Dave, really kind of you to offer. I'll get thinking about colour schemes ;)
Dave is your man bud!

If you ask him nicely I'm sure he will let you use his oven!

I left my bag of powder at his, and when mixed with another bag that he has you'll get an effect like mine.
Cheers mate

Has your PMS kit sold? And where did you source your gaitor from?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dave, really kind of you to offer. I'll get thinking about colour schemes ;)

Cheers mate

I'm afraid it has provisionally sold mate, just waiting to be removed.

As for the gaitor unless I did have something different fitted, I assumed it was just an OE part.

Cheers mate

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the advice, I was kind of hoping it was custom as I'd like to try a different material and coloured stitching too. Another option to consider...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
A nice black alcantara gaiter with red stiching would suit your car I think :)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, appreciate you posting.

How much of your interior is flocked? Would you do it again if you had the chance to go back?

Sorry it took a while
I have full dash, a pillars, door handles, handbrake surround, steering cowl, rear view mirror all flocked.
It does look good and stops the glare but if it was a daily I probably would not do it as it attracts dust but as mine is a track car it's fine, I would do it again.
DSC02483.JPG
DSC01780.JPG

Volantech CC Panels
Sorry it took a while
I have full dash, a pillars, door handles, handbrake surround, steering cowl, rear view mirror all flocked.
It does look good and stops the glare but if it was a daily I probably would not do it as it attracts dust but as mine is a track car it's fine, I would do it again.
View attachment 171296 View attachment 171297
Interesting way to attach cruise control buttons! I make CC brackets all wired up, let me know via PM if you want one!
24wvakz.jpg