ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS oil catch can, crack in the bracket??

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon fellow cliosport owners.
I'm writing this whilst trying to watch F1 so if it doesn't make sense then that's why.

So whilst removing the engine and gear box from my 182 this morning, I noticed that there was a crack in my PMS oil catch can. It's a very well made bit of kit so I'm quite shock to see it failing. Has anybody else experienced this or has one that they could check?? Had it under a year and I've only been cadwell once in the last year with it so it's not had a hard life. I've emailed PMS with the pictures aswell so hopefully they'll sort me a new one. All I can think is the weigh of the catch can bouncing up and down has done it? Any input appreciated.
20190317_103456.jpg
20190317_103501.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks a fairly tight bend radius. Also that could be the pierce point of the lasercutter on the bend so a bit of a stress raiser.

What grade ali are these made from?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Think it’s been redesigned to incorporate the coil pack mount now so I’d guess it’ll be stronger.