ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Linkage Rattle

Jamesgsi1983

ClioSport Club Member
  N/A
All,

I have the PMS shifter fitted, however suffered with the linkage rattle at a certain rev range.

Fitted the cheap linkage fix KTEC offer but still a rattle top end?

Is this normal or an underlying issue with the linkage itself?

Clio 182
It doesnt work at all, i had the garage fit it in various places with no success so upgraded my speakers to drown out that noise when it sits about 3k rpm on the motorway. Great shifter to have over standard though

Jamesgsi1983

ClioSport Club Member
  N/A
Strange for mine, I have a rattle on hard acceleration, rather than slowing which most appear to suffer.

@bloke has some thoughts, but its a little more annoying and apparent than most endure on here.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I had the rattle on hard acceleration on mine initially in 2nd gear, was highly annoying. The selector rod was catching the subframe slightly with engine movement, so get underneath, slip it in the gear thats causing issue and check clearances. Adjusted it and fitted vibratechnics mounts, job done.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Same as mine. Get it up in the air and check the rod is not catching anywhere and has plenty of clearance when in gear.