ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Gear Linkage Help Required!

clio 182 cup
Hi Guys,

In the process of fitting my PMS shifter kit (182 cup).

Have tried various adjustments but I’m not managing to engage reverse at all.

When inspecting the lift up reverse mechanism, it seems to work at the knob, but does not seem to actuate any movement further down the linkage.

Is this normal or could it be the cause of my issues?

Thanks!

Does the disc at the base of the selector lift up?

This should lift up higher than the left walled part of the tower so the gear leaver moves wholly over to the left, otherwise it would be hitting the side of the tower.

clio 182 cup
My understanding is that the reverse selection physically lifts the input arm towards the gearbox and then pulls rear wards to engage reverse?
When the reverse collar is pulled up at the shifter end the input arm does nothing at the gearbox side?
I see the stock unit has a cable to actuate this movement. Surely the new unit should replicate this?
An help much appreciated.

My understanding is that the reverse selection physically lifts the input arm towards the gearbox and then pulls rear wards to engage reverse?
When the reverse collar is pulled up at the shifter end the input arm does nothing at the gearbox side?
I see the stock unit has a cable to actuate this movement. Surely the new unit should replicate this?
An help much appreciated.
The lift on the shifter only allows it to move over to the left more, this is the same as a stock shifter. Have you downloaded the fitting instructions from the PMS web site?

dan's cast offs.
If it's clamped tight and you're getting any gears them it's an adjustment issue. If you just have the selector on the box you can get reverse, the only inhibitor for reverse is on the lever.

clio 182 cup
Thanks guys, all sorted now. It was indeed just a matter of adjustment.

I have the vibration damper fitted but still have some vibration noise at high revs and while cruising in 5th - is the damper supposed to eliminate this entirely or is this normal?

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
Thanks guys, all sorted now. It was indeed just a matter of adjustment.

I have the vibration damper fitted but still have some vibration noise at high revs and while cruising in 5th - is the damper supposed to eliminate this entirely or is this normal?

No it doesnt, just turn the stereo up or get a PMS exhaust that kills the noise a bit.

clio 182 cup
Cheers.

The noise isn't too bad at all and the shift feel with the PMS kit is just as good as people say so overall I'm very happy!