ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plumbed extinguisher ideas

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I'm looking to fit either a 2.25l or a 4.0l plumbed extinguisher. I'm thinking about mounting in the boot and a hand held in passenger foot well.

Anyone got pictures of their set up for some inspiration on mounting. Also for nozzle positions.

Cheers,
Neil

If its for MSA events (circuit racing) then the nozzles have to be a minimum of 2, one points at driver foot well the other aimed at the fuel rail in the engine.

I use a 2.25lt bottle bolted to the floor behind the passenger seat area.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Neil, come ro
Hi,

I'm looking to fit either a 2.25l or a 4.0l plumbed extinguisher. I'm thinking about mounting in the boot and a hand held in passenger foot well.

Anyone got pictures of their set up for some inspiration on mounting. Also for nozzle

Come round and look at mine Neil. I went for the life line 2.5litre 2 nozzle set up, 1 over the injector, 1 directed at the driver foot well. As you wont be having a co driver you shouldn't need any more in cabin cover. The 182 has the perfect holes already in the bulkhead to bring it through. I have mine mounted where the rear seat was, but as you are running road class and putting rear seat back in you could mount it behind the passenger seat as Sonny says. The scrutineer at knockhill likes the bottle running front to back as he worries if the car is upside down and its side to side that it could fail, as it was pressurised I didn't think there would be an issue??

Oh and as your a neat freak like me I have a pipe bender just so the tubing looks pretty!!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Neil,

Expand the last reply from me and scroll down right to the bottom..... Don't know what happened there, bloody phone!!

Will check my bottle size (think 4ltr and bottle mounted in passenged seat location - race only car) but you can see my engine set up below, three nozzles aiming at the inlet manifold, two up and one down, just fixed to front grill/valance with good old tie wraps, also have two nozzles in the footwell to cool my feet if it goes south!
image.jpeg