ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plugging the acoustic valve vacuum line?

RB Clio 182 Cup
How has everybody done this?

I sliced a bit of the vacuum pipe off, put it back on the nipple thing stuck a screw in the end and then used a tiny jubilee clip to tighten round the screw.

But when i started the car after it revved between 1000 and 1500rpm four or five times before settling down to just over 1000 so I don't think it has perfectly sealed it off. When warm the idle is now about 900rpm on the dash but not sure how accurate the needle is at that low revs.

Is it a problem if it's not entirely air tight? Or if idle is now below 1000 does that mean it prob is airtight. I'm just assuming the ecu is being clever and closing the tb a bit more at idle to compensate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That should do the job tbh! I just reversed the inline valve down by the acoustic gubbins, and left the pipe in the arch liner.