ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ploblem Or Not?

Clio Sport 182
Hello
I need your advice here. On my way back home yesterday night after dropping off my mate I decided to push the car as is my mot on Friday and I thought that is a good idea to do that. So I start accelerate hard on 2nd 3rd & 4th gear when I saw a lot of white cloud coming out of my exhaust under hard acceleration. Scared. The first that came in my mind was gasket or using oil. Then I did it again and again white cloud (at that point I said that couldn’t be oil as 2 weeks ago I did an oil change and my mechanic told me that from service to service the dip stick was just above minimum) so I said f**k gasket as it was vapour. I went to bed starts thinking what else can cause that. Nothing.

Just now I checked the expansion tank and there is no drop on the coolant level and the coolant is absolutely crystal clear no signs of oil at all, dip stick checked and no signs of coolant. The same and with the oil filling cap.

So do you have any ideas? Could be just because was so cold outside? At that point the car had traveled around 30 Miles so was warmed up properly I believe.

Regards
Paris

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, no issue. 182 backboxes have been known to hold quantities of water that would feed whole african towns.

It'll rust out as well. Another trait of the standard system. When it does rust out, go aftermarket.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The last 182 system I changed had a good 2 or 3 litres in each rear box. And the reason i changed it was because it was proper rusty.