ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please read * Ph1 dogbone mount progress *

53 Clio's & counting
For a while (as some of you know) i have been having no end of trouble with my engine mounts.
I have always found them to be too weak, even though iv had 3 brand new sets from Renault, including all new nuts, bolts and studs.

(I will also state now i have had the mounts all checked to make sure i had fitted all correctly)

So i bit the bullet and bought K-tecs Grp N set.

Previously i had already got a set of poly bushes for my dog bone mount from K-tec.

I noticed although once all fitted it felt a lot tighter, when pushing on a bit i could still feel a bit of movement that i felt was too exessive, and to prove the point, i cracked the welds on my exhaust due to the movement.

I found the movement to be in the dogbone mount. So i removed it, and found i had ovaled the poly bushes :S.

Now i will say i do a few track and airfield days, so the Clio does get used hard sometimes, but even with fast road driving i felt the movement was too exessive

So i spoke to David at K-tec, who had not come across this before, and took the matter into hand and spoke to Poweflex, who kindly made up a stonger set of poly bushes for me to try.

David sent these out for me, and once fitted i could tell the difference right away, from the yellow ones.

I have now covered approx 1500 miles with these fitted, and even after another airfield day, the car remains feeling tight, and nothing has broken or snapped off lol.

Fast road driving has been improved, throttle response has been improved, and although i have noticed a slight bit more vibration with them, its perfectly livable and well worth it.

After relaying this information to David, he will be getting more stock in of the stronger bushes, and if you are wanting to replace yours with uprated ones, i strongly suggest heading to K-tec and picking up a set of these stronger ones, they are fantastic, and finally all my engine mount problems are solved and i have mounts that are strong enough for what i do with the car.

Id like to relay my thanks to David, who has gone out of his way to help me with this problem, he has been nothing but polite and helpfull.

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

S3, Polo
My Ph2 poly-bushed DB uses purple PowerFlex bushes. I wonder if it's the same compound?

Either way, I was massively impressed with the change mine made too! :)

the mount itself is easy enough to get off the car, its getting the bushes out of the mount thats a bit tricky ;) burn / hammer / cut them out etc

Ph1
Question for Ktec really but when will these new ones be in stock and will they be the same price as the yellow ones?

Good result Russ :cool:

53 Clio's & counting
Its down to you mate, i had 4 sets of standard mounts, so id consider it, some people get along fine with the standard mounts though

Toyota Corolla
Did this on mine today... what a pain in the a**e! The larger rubber part was quite easy to get out but the small one took ages in the end used a large hammer and a screwdriver. :mad: Haven't swarn that much for ages!
Anywho, done now! :approve: Although now I can hear something rattling when it idles.

Dodgy one
I've distorted my Purple PF bush on my 182 :eek:

I've been thinking about a Rose joint linkage in there B)