ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help!

Clio Extreme 3
Hi guys, so I own a 1.2 16v Extreme 3 clio. I've had the car for 6 months now and i've been getting this problem

The thing is, it will only last for a few hours untill I turn on the car next, the light on the right will still be on, but usually the next day there are no lights at all. The light on the left however puts it into limp mode or whatever which stops the car going over 3k revs, but when I turn the engine off and on again it goes.

Thanks,
Jack

Attachments

• image1 (6).JPG
    image1 (6).JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 89
  PH2 172
Hi Mate, is that the self diagnostic one that you can do in the car by holding down the button on the wiper stick?
I doubt that will reveal much.
Port connection is under the drinks holder in the centre console.
Does it misfire at all, either in limp mode or not?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As per Bloke above, the 3k RPM is a limiter which is being applied due to a fault (most likely on the throttle circuit itself). This is probably going to be either a wiring loom issue OR (if it's the later Twingo engine) it could be an ECU driver issue.

Best thing to do first is get it on CLIP (Renaults diagnostic system) and get some fact rather than BS.

Mick

Clio Extreme 3
I doubt that will reveal much.
Port connection is under the drinks holder in the centre console.
Does it misfire at all, either in limp mode or not?

This is the code I got from the self diagnosis, it's really annoying because i've got no money what so ever so I probably won't be able to sort it for a few months and I don't know how long it'll last:/ How much does it cost for my car. I haven't felt it it misfire but it rarely revs when idle, for example it would get up to about 2k revs when i was waiting in traffic.. But I have no idea, I haven't had it in a while though but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Attachments

• image1 (7).JPG
    image1 (7).JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 80
  PH2 172
This is the code I got from the self diagnosis, it's really annoying because i've got no money what so ever so I probably won't be able to sort it for a few months and I don't know how long it'll last:/ How much does it cost for my car. I haven't felt it it misfire but it rarely revs when idle, for example it would get up to about 2k revs when i was waiting in traffic.. But I have no idea, I haven't had it in a while though but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Talking of facts, the Extreme was sold in PH2 & PH3 variants, with petrol & diesel engines(PH3).
Which do you have?

As you are in Portsmouth, Rentech is on your doorstep when you can raise a little cash.

Last edited:
  Clio Extreme 3
Talking of facts, the Extreme was sold in PH2 & PH3 variants, with petrol & diesel engines(PH3).
Which do you have?

As you are in Portsmouth, Rentech is on your doorstep when you can raise a little cash.
I've got the PH2 Petrol :)
Cheers, I'll have a look at that :)

Clio Extreme 3
UPDATE: took the car garage and they said it could either be to do with the throttle body itself OR it could be to do wiring itself:/ So I don't know what to do peeps, I have a feeling its to do with the wiring :(