ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help......

172 16v
hi just wondered if any body could help ive just had my dephaser pulley and a cambelt kit done and just before it went in i was hearing like a clickin noise from the driverside front wheel as it was ticking over, got it back at the weekend and engine sound sweet as except i noticed today that wen it gets warm the ticking is still there im not sure if the guy had changed the aux belt or not could it be the aux belt or pulley making the noise and also can ya change the aux belt witout taking the cambelt off???

also while he was fixing it he sed that the dephaser was fine and that there was no compression in cylinder 2 and 3 and he sed thats why everything is rattling about in the engine, so he changed 2 valves in cylinder 2 and new head gasket and coz he ordered the dephaser he changed it anyway and the cambelt kit as it was due anyway

can any1 help?????

cheers sam

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Let me get this right? You took your car in for a cambelt change and dephaser?! it was driving fine?!

Then the bloke told you it had no compression and it's insides were rattling?! What the F*ck?!!?!

The ticking noise sounds like the carbon canister and this is located in the drivers wheel arch behind the bumper / wing liner.

The aux belt can be done without taking the cambelt off.

PS : Dare i ask how much you paid for the work?

Various
hi just wondered if any body could help ive just had my dephaser pulley and a cambelt kit done and just before it went in i was hearing like a clickin noise from the driverside front wheel as it was ticking over, got it back at the weekend and engine sound sweet as except i noticed today that wen it gets warm the ticking is still there im not sure if the guy had changed the aux belt or not could it be the aux belt or pulley making the noise and also can ya change the aux belt witout taking the cambelt off???

also while he was fixing it he sed that the dephaser was fine and that there was no compression in cylinder 2 and 3 and he sed thats why everything is rattling about in the engine, so he changed 2 valves in cylinder 2 and new head gasket and coz he ordered the dephaser he changed it anyway and the cambelt kit as it was due anyway

can any1 help?????

cheers sam

Have you tried taking it back to the garage that did it?

172 16v
i didnt have to pay owt for the work as ive not had it long and got the guy that i got it off to pay under warrenty, wat does the carbon canister thing do i no where its is cos i remember thinkin wen i changed ne wheels wats that lol, and it went in for dephaser as reno told me that that was the prob,,, and the garage that did it is like 3 hours drive as it was 1 of the guys mechanic...

172 16v
^^^as my engine was sounding like a diesel as ppl say on here wen a dephaser is f**k'd

Last edited: