ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help! - Wheel Spacer question

Decked Dirty Diesel!
Hello all,

I recently purchased some 16" Clio Sport alloys, I went to fit them yesterday and the back ones go on fine, however, the tyres on the front rest on my coilovers so i cant move my wheel at all, i know i need spacers but i'm unsure which ones i need, i purchased a set of normal 4x100 10mm spacers from a local shop for about £15. when i put the spacer onto the hub it takes up all the room, meaning there is no more room to slide the wheel on, am i right in thinking i cant just bolt the wheel on because the bolts arent designed to take the weight and also it will cause a vibration? :S

I've done some reading and I'm pretty sure i need hubcentric ones, but im finding it hard to find some small enough because i only need roughly 10mm, do you think these will work okay? Theyre the smallest hubcentric ones i can find (that bolt to the hub)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-12mm...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0f57b18f

I was worried because the little hub bit on the spacer doesnt look big enough for my wheel to rest on? but i guess if these bolt to the hub then my wheels bolt to these then the wheel cant go anywhere so they wont fall off or anything?

also will i need to put grease or something on the spacer before i fit it so they dont get stuck on? i saw another thread where somebodys spacer got stuck. Thanks in advance guys, heres a few pictures to make it a bit more clear. :)

img1245jw.jpg

-
img1669hd.jpg

-
img1673d.jpg

Those will be fine mate. I doubt the spacer will get stuck, but I think you can put a bit of copper grease on the back of spacer/hub.

Decked Dirty Diesel!
Okay thanks mate, i just wanted to check before i bought them as i already have one set of useless spacers haha :)